Where to stay downtown?

Trouble Maker

It's our anniversary so we were going to stay somewhere downtown on Saturday. We had planned to go to 55 Lofts but for some reason they have a minimum 2 night stay this weekend and we were only going to do one night. :( Still going to email them to see if we can't get in for one night, but baring that where else should we look at? Closer to the short north is best.

There's some cheer leading/gymnastic/talent competition going on so it might be a good idea to stay away from the Convention Center anyways.

stay away from Crowne Plaza, they effed me over one time. I called and resereved a room for NYE for 1 price, then when we were checking out it was like $300 more than what i was quoted. Had to pay the extra $300 and then dispute it with their corporate HQ. was a pain in the ass!

May I boldly suggest you go somewhere other than downtown Columbus for your anniversary ?

:p

Lol, just wanting to do something simple and easy but still nice. We've been talking about doing to staying downtown thing for a while now and it's mostly an excuse to do that. We are going on a real vacation in a month and a half. We are more of a downtown type of people than Amish country or hocking hills anyways.

Edited by Trouble Maker

While a good idea and it is in the short north. B&Bs kind of creep me out. It's full up on saturday night anyways.

LOL. Creeped me out the first time I stayed at one too. They're actually pretty cool.

What's the new hotel on High St that just opened not too long ago?

That SUCKS about the Lofts this weekend! My wife and I like to go there to get away. They have 5 rooms that are massive and have huge garden tubs and all that jazz. $200/night is expensive but well worth it to do it every now and then. That is the only place downtown my wife and I have ever stayed and it's a really nice spot.

Now that I have contributed nothing of any real value to this thread, I wish you good luck with your search and I will be on my way.

Neither of these people^^^^^^ read the post above theirs. Therefor their opinions mean nothing!

All kiding aside if you go to the renaissance you will not be disapointed. There is plenty to do around the hotel as well. If you like staying in the city I cant think of a better place.

Renaissance has been good to me.

^^ this or the Hyatt. Wife and I are doing the Hyatt Penthouse Honeymoon suite in May after a night out and concert event to celebrate our b-days.

For those like me that travel a lot:

The Renaissance is only 20,000 Marriott Points

The Hyatt is a mere 10,000 points

The above are outrageously low points for what you get. It's a Cbus thing.

Both for extremely nice top floor all-in rooms.