More digital Makeup

TTQ B4U

Because there's nothing wrong with posting a pic of a pretty young thing :)

Forgot your makeup or have the lighting off a bit? No problem.

Because life isn't all about cars:

http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg378/pdqgp/comparison.jpg

How many hours did this one take?

Less than 10 minutes. Both photos were already shot. Just blended and added some text/graphics. I created a poster like this for another Mazda member a while back. His was red.

Edited by TTQ B4U

Ha, I was going to ask, "so, you don't know how to do a digital nose job?"

Gotta keep it subtle. Notice I did edit the very tip of her nose. Key to happy clients is they have to look at their shots and feel they look "Good" but yet not notice the "enhancements" :p Believe it or not people will more often than not come back and ask to have tweaks and enhancements made. They mentally don't want to see themselves as they really are.

could you subtly give me a full head of hair

I'm asked all the time to either fix (comb) hair, thicken it up, add shine and highlights all the time. Biggest request is to shave weight and muscles. Skin tones/imperfections and make up requests that people mention but hate to come out and ask to to perform. Funny thing is that just like in real life, yes, I could subtly add hair to you over the course of a series of photo spread out over time and by the end you'd be a model for Rogain :) Hell, I've lost 30lbs since Christmas :o

So do you do all of your work within Photoshop? On my portraits I use Portrait Professional 10, very easy to use but also has alot of "tuning" options.

Yes. I use the full Adobe Creative Suite. I'm on CS5 currently. I recently sold off most all of my studio gear and backdrops as I am now fully digital outside some basic lighting. I do mainly on-site event photography not in studio work. It's more fun and I have a good following of clients. What portrait work I do is mainly friends and family.

Actually, I'm doing less and less shooting and more photoshop work. I'm about 60% behind the PC for other photographers. I sub out some of my work to a few good folks I've worked with for a while and trust. Easier for me considering I have a full time day job. They shoot, I process and create. Win win.

These are all digital:

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/129523069/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/130617871/original.jpg

http://www.pbase.com/timothylauro/image/130320812/original.jpg

Pretty nice work, especialy the car scene, I can't do that stuff. I use LR for 99% of my wedding editing, only enlargements and other critical photos get the full photoshop touch now.

I can't wait for weather to break so I can knock out some engagement sessions that are waiting. My late summer thru fall is getting full of weddings.

Nice Composite Tim. Nice portrait too.

Are you using strobes or still on the Home Depot setup. I picked up a few things for my birthday 2 years ago. Lovin it.

Thanks!

First one is with my home depot set up and a couple umbrellas :)

The other three were twin strobes.

Pretty nice work, especialy the car scene, I can't do that stuff. I use LR for 99% of my wedding editing, only enlargements and other critical photos get the full photoshop touch now.

I can't wait for weather to break so I can knock out some engagement sessions that are waiting. My late summer thru fall is getting full of weddings.

I've never used LR. I'll have to check it out. Just so used to PHotoshop. I think I've used it since like v4.x. :o

LR is a totally different concept than PS and designed with a photographers "workflow" in mind. Also it only makes changes and saves them in a catalog for the files rather than actually changing the original file.

It makes picking and editing a few thousand wedding photos a breeze.

It makes picking and editing a few thousand wedding photos a breeze.

Do you really edit that many? I'll take 300 shots, provide the proofs and edited what they want. However, in the end, I have learned that it's also important to know what photos not to use or keep.

Tim, have you ever shot any weddings?

No. Not my type of gig. PM Tractor. He does them. I have a friend who does some high-end wedding stuff and I usually partner to do the reception and after parties. I do mainly on-site event photography.

If its a quick wedding and they truly only want traditional photos then no, I could get by with shooting 2-3 of the each pose and picking the best. If its a full day from getting ready to around 1am at the reception then I can get 1000 shots easily.

Now if the couple are into the photography and the locations are awesome I can get several thousand. Though in the end I try to keep the DVD down to around 600 photos to get a good cover of the important stuff along with my creative shots. My wifes starting to shoot a lot more as well.

I know of some really great photographers that shoot 7000-9000 per wedding and feel that memory cards are cheap so we should use them. To me thats a bit excessive, but they get some great shots so I can't argue to much. Seems like the industry average is <>900 and <>500 delivered FYI.