Any good places in Akron area for gear??

Tony07R6

Are there any good places around the Akron area to shop for gear? I always read about people going to The Pony in Columbus, but do we have anyplace like that around here? The last time I was at State 8 their selection kinda sucked, I was not impressed. There's got to be someplace better with a good selection of things to try on. I'm thinking about buying a new jacket for this season. Any info you guys have would be much appreciated.

Are there any good places around the Akron area to shop for gear? I always read about people going to The Pony in Columbus, but do we have anyplace like that around here? The last time I was at State 8 their selection kinda sucked, I was not impressed. There's got to be someplace better with a good selection of things to try on. I'm thinking about buying a new jacket for this season. Any info you guys have would be much appreciated.

From what I heard when we were in Cleveland for the IMS state 8 is the main thing you guys have up there. I am partical as I work at pony, however I have to agree with Ben. You will never find another store like us that is going to have so many different brands and options in stock. Especially when it comes to helmets. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

Yeah Tony you might as well plan on making a trip to the Pony. Check out their website to get your shopping list/needs/wants.

http://www.ironpony.com/

Also the in-house Yamaha dealership (Yamaha of Columbus) is having their Grand Opening on April 18th. We got a thread about that too.

http://www.ohio-riders.net/showthread.php?t=22352&highlight=grand+opening

Hooters you say?

I mustve missed that part.

Oh wait. It's not the Halloween Hooters triplets is it?

But the Aaian one was cute. She had pretty hair.:D

We might be able to arrange a date for you, didn't know that was your style..."She" will be sure to give you a surprise at the end;)

In the akron area that I know of are crooked river in the falls, state8, or a bit north cleveland akron honda, Never been to the pony as i live in cleveland. I also buy almost all my stuff online. Go someplace try on what you want to buy then finder it way cheaper online..

what exactly are you looking for i can point ya in a direction

I'm really just tossing around the idea of a new jacket. I currently have a like new Alpinestars TZ-1 leather jacket that I only wore a couple times when I had my Blue R6, but my new R6 is red so they don't look good together. I also have the Joe Rocket Rasp textile (red) that I wear now, but I don't really like how it fits. I really just want to walk around someplace and see things in person and try them on. Both of my jackets I have now were bought without actually seeing or trying on the product. I'm also contemplating another pair of gloves, I have some Alpinestars SMX4's, but I couldn't feel my damn fingers by the time I got to work this morning.

From what I heard when we were in Cleveland for the IMS state 8 is the main thing you guys have up there. I am partical as I work at pony, however I have to agree with Ben. You will never find another store like us that is going to have so many different brands and options in stock. Especially when it comes to helmets. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

I went to the website, the store looks very impressive. I wish we had something that big up around here. 125 miles just seems like such a long drive or ride just to look at some gear. I don't know, I'm thinking about it though. I hate riding highway long distance, but I could probably map out a nice scenic country route from Kent to Westerville.

Just coordinate a few Northerners, it's worth the trip.

I have a TZ-1 as well. I've stopped worrying about matching my bike, but that's just me. The A*s seem to fit those with a more European build and Joe Rocket seems to be built for those a bit thicker (especially in the shoulders). I tried on some Icon jackets too but my torso was too long. If you liked the way one A* fits you will probably like them all.

My .02 cents

yea i would say get a bunch of people and make a ride out of it. We get groups like that all the time on the weekends. I would say try to come out for the Yamaha of Columbus grand opening. Then you can ride down, look at some gear, get some free food, and see some good looking hooters girls.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want gear in the akron area. go to crooked river. Andrews in salem has a good amount too. Never been to iron pony. but they have booths at the races and such. Seemed like a lot of Black Iron Pony t shirts. Have to check out there store someday. Oh Kames sports is getting into street a bit more. I bought my A star leather there. Probally paid a bit more. but got to try it on for fit.

If you're in to take a trip there is a place up in Michigan called Sportbike Track Gear... I haven't been there but have checked them out online... It looks to be a big ass store bike the Pony... You can always take the vitural trip lol.. They have some good deals too....