Everyone seemingly thinks I'm stupid?

Farkas

I have it if you want it. Id actually like you to use it to see if you can teach me how to use it. I dont understand post processing at all, unless PS is post processing

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like your taste sir. i would +rep you if i could. You are the only person on this forum that could pull off jeep wheels on a vdub.

The first and only person, on a mark3, in the world at this point.

I'm not going so far as to prefer my balls being removed, but that car looks fucking stupid.

He has put allot of effort into the car, He is doing things most won't and he take good care of it. While it is not your's (or my) style you should respect him as a fellow car guy not to call it fucking stupid. Hell we didn't say shit to you when you rocked those enkei wheels forever. Now if it was a pile that was half done have at it but his is super clean and completed and being used.

• Upvote 1

He has put allot of effort into the car, He is doing things most won't and he take good care of it. While it is not your's (or my) style you should respect him as a fellow car guy not to call it fucking stupid. Hell we didn't say shit to you when you rocked those enkei wheels forever. Now if it was a pile that was half done have at it but his is super clean and completed and being used.

x 52,344

http://sm-a1.yimg.com/image/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fecx.images-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F514laI6nP1L._BO2%2C204%2C203%2C200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click%2CTopRight%2C35%2C-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg&t=1302760790&ttl=43200&maxWidth=98&maxHeight=74&sig=TjSQAowsra89_AwvbQLXww--~B

clean car, not a big fan of the wheels or how dropped it is... I'm trying to figure out how you drive it down the road without every bump scraping or chattering the hell out of your teeth. but I have to give you respect for putting alot of time and effort into it.

I get the undersized tire/exposed lip thang on this look. It is obviously not a mistake or half-ass attempt to make something work. But, not my thing. Curious...I'm not into modern VWs...do you have adapters in there or are the hubs on those rims just that deep to create the disc look? Just wondering because you could probably get them machined and tuck the rims in a bit and fit bigger tires....if that would even appeal to you. May make it more drivable.

I like it. The one thing I hate about the US Golf's (and just about any German car), is the trunk lid. I think they look so much better the way they were designed over in Germany. So get one :)

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i16/awdwannabe/cabin%20fever/IMG_1304.jpg

Eventually I'd like to do the euro rear end on mine.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQi4qj92cqzflzkcvKuy5J9QDR4djFTgJovDDCiXCuKqeCpAJjTDw

clean car, not a big fan of the wheels or how dropped it is... I'm trying to figure out how you drive it down the road without every bump scraping or chattering the hell out of your teeth. but I have to give you respect for putting alot of time and effort into it.

Good suspension setups don't ride like shit ;)

what happens when your tires come off the rim because they are stretched?

Doesnt happen... without air it's still a bitch to pop the bead like any other tire.

I get the undersized tire/exposed lip thang on this look. It is obviously not a mistake or half-ass attempt to make something work. But, not my thing. Curious...I'm not into modern VWs...do you have adapters in there or are the hubs on those rims just that deep to create the disc look? Just wondering because you could probably get them machined and tuck the rims in a bit and fit bigger tires....if that would even appeal to you. May make it more drivable.

Welll, this is where all my hard work has come in. There have been many issues I had to work out in order to run such a wheel. Normally the ideal offset to run on a MK3 like this is around ET 20 and I'm sitting at ET 5.4 and -4.4 final offset, after adapters. The wheels themselves are what you call a low-disk face and have a super thin mounting pad so shaving the rear pad is out of the question. I ran into a problem with the calipers actually interfering with the back of the wheel so they had to be shaved 3-4mm before they cleared. On top of that, the VR6s were manufactured with a "plus" suspension which had a wider track by about 20mm overall than the 2.0 golfs. I ended up slotting the mounting brackets of my coilovers to allow for an extra half degree of camber to minimize the rubbing in the front. Also, I found that a 195/45 tire was too bulky, so I sourced some 165/50 tires from Europe, which explains why I have a good amount of stretch. Of course the fenders have all been rolled and slightly pulled, but Ive pretty much covered every avenue possible to get these wheels to tuck as much as I can.

I like it. The one thing I hate about the US Golf's (and just about any German car), is the trunk lid. I think they look so much better the way they were designed over in Germany. So get one :)

Eventually I'd like to do the euro rear end on mine.

I completely agree with you on that one.. In fact, I have been talking with someone in Europe that wants to do an even trade for our white hatches but the biggest thing is the cost of shipping to each other... Not cheap by any means. My biggest restraint right now is that although ive been putting work into this car, it's still just a cheap daily. I don't want to dump money into it and everything I have done so far has been on a small budget on purpose. Maybe one day, but not likely any time soon since I have my other car I want to put some money into.

how old is Farkas, lol?

Okay, what's the difference between the Euro hatch and the US hatch? Clearly the license plate holder is different.

License plate tub, and the glass comes without defrost lines, as well as holes for a spoiler... basically a much cleaner looking hatch.

Okay, what's the difference between the Euro hatch and the US hatch? Clearly the license plate holder is different.

That's it. It's not as much a holder as it is the recess where the plate sits, which is part of the body lines. So on a US spec car, they fill it in with empty space, or in the older cars they filled it in by extending the lights inward. I think that ruins the look of the car, it's obviously not the way the original designers intended the car to look like, so it messes with the flow. I think the smaller US plate makes it look like the car is squeezing it's butthole shut.

That's it. It's not as much a holder as it is the recess where the plate sits, which is part of the body lines. So on a US spec car, they fill it in with empty space, or in the older cars they filled it in by extending the lights inward. I think that ruins the look of the car, it's obviously not the way the original designers intended the car to look like, so it messes with the flow. I think the smaller US plate makes it look like the car is squeezing it's butthole shut.

Oh I see it now that you guys pointed it out. Thanks. I now agree with the others, the Euro hatch is much better.