Convert a house to gas from electric?

mrs.cos

So our house is all electric and I hate it. I had originally thought everyone on my street was electric but tales to my neighbor yesterday and found out he has gas.

So Im curious if anyone has had Thier house retrofitted for gas lines. I'm mainly interested in it for the kitchen, as I imagine doing the furnace would be a Giant pain in the ass not to mention make me want to replace it with a new furnace despite my heat pump being only 3 years old.

Would I need AEP to do it? A Private contractor, what permits?

Cost and experience greatly appreciated.

So our house is all electric and I hate it. I had originally thought everyone on my street was electric but tales to my neighbor yesterday and found out he has gas.

So Im curious if anyone has had Thier house retrofitted for gas lines. I'm mainly interested in it for the kitchen, as I imagine doing the furnace would be a Giant pain in the ass not to mention make me want to replace it with a new furnace despite my heat pump being only 3 years old.

Would I need AEP to do it? A Private contractor, what permits?

Cost and experience greatly appreciated.

It all depends on how close the gas lines are to your home. Gas company will run it to a certain point for free but you will have to have a private contractor do the rest. Our house is the same with all electric and we just had a new heat pump and electric furnace put in. for the price difference and amount of waiting we would of done for gas we stayed with electric.

It all depends on how close the gas lines are to your home. Gas company will run it to a certain point for free but you will have to have a private contractor do the rest. Our house is the same with all electric and we just had a new heat pump and electric furnace put in. for the price difference and amount of waiting we would of done for gas we stayed with electric.

I live in a typical suburb, so i my neighbors are about 40 feet from my house.. but i imaing it would need to be put in on the far side of that neighbor who has gas, so about 80 feet maybe?

I miss gas horribly, and i cant cook they way i want in my house because i am limited by my stove. I have no real desire to put an induction stove in.

I guess ill call Columbia Gas see what they have to say.

*edit*

hey look at that-- a handy dandy page on Columbia Gas website (apparently a 10 day install after permits are together)

Thanks guys :)