270 record

AWW$HEEET

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King of 270 was a bracket race set up back in the day (name originated from Pikey). Remember? The "short bus" (I rode, as did NotBrian, integratyper, etc) and than the "king of 270" was the big boy bracket.

I do know that the 270 lap has been done. I was out on a night in 05-06 that made the run. I was in my 240 hp car with a 110 limiter - I was an exit behind before I even topped out. I quit, went to steak and shake and drowned in cheese fries and tears.

King of 270 was a bracket race set up back in the day. Remember ?The "short bus" and than the "king of 270" was the big boy bracket.

I do know that the 270 lap has been done. I was out on a night in 05-06 that made the run. I was in my 240 hp car with a 110 limiter - I was an exit behind before I even topped out. I quit, went to steak and shake and drowned in cheese fries and tears.

:fa:

King of 270 was a bracket race set up back in the day (name originated from Pikey). Remember? The "short bus" (I rode, as did NotBrian, integratyper, etc) and than the "king of 270" was the big boy bracket.

:yuno: y u know finish??

Subjects such as this are the reason Wilmington needs to happen.

DHL closing is why wilmington needs to happen. i bet those people are living in cardboard boxes eating beans and weeners and jacking off with used gear oil.

Aside, i think I remember a few members wanting to make a run at it (270).

DHL closing is why wilmington needs to happen. i bet those people are living in cardboard boxes eating beans and weeners and jacking off with used gear oil.

Aside, i think I remember a few members wanting to make a run at it (270).

:megusta:

Anyway, lets discuss the merits of this. The huge obstacles are:

1. COPS COPS COPS WE GOT COPS!

Without a doubt the largest risk.

2. Other motorists.

Need to make an attempt after hours. Too much traffic otherwise

3. ODOT's handywork.

Someone who is apparently even a bigger drunk than I, has been charged with patching the pot holes on 270. Its like a fucking minefield.

4. Cooling.

If im rockin a turbinator, this is even more of an issue. Heatsoaking = bad. Blown HG = possible. Probably need an NA car/bike.

5. Tires.

I have not driven at such speeds for a sustained amount of time. It was brought to my attention that tires would need addressed.

RE: Tires. If what you're doin is already so illegal, just put racing slicks on the car.

That would be one scary ride.

You'd be surprised how claiming it is.

Thats a 158mph avg.

With the correct gearing-Thats cruising out of boost in 6th

With limited traffic and FTP's people as you come up on them-its more than doable. Also if a Cop clocked you at 160, at night, I doubt he'd even chase. And if he did, WHO CARES. Even if he calls the bird, he would not even know where to send him.

Up here at least, you have to have a visual in pursuit to call the bird.

I remember a coupe friends racing around 270 back in high school. Started at 23 one went east the other went west, whoever got back won. I think there where only a few actual races and nothing over like 50 bucks. I think the fastest they saw though was like 35-40 min.

I remember a coupe friends racing around 270 back in high school. Started at 23 one went east the other went west, whoever got back won. I think there where only a few actual races and nothing over like 50 bucks. I think the fastest they saw though was like 35-40 min.

They barely were speeding. :dumb:

This was a topic last spring and we already discussed the only safe way to do it was on a short 1k since if you had to bail on cops you can't do it on a stretched bike (Jp). 2nd you would need atleast 20 spotters with flashing light signals to tell you if you were good or not. a head set in The riders helmet with 1 main contact letting him know the info. The tough part would be the grove city side and the Easton area, you get through those two and you should be clear to go. You could prolly get it done In around 20-23 mins but not much more is possible. It was moved to the senior section so that's prolly why we can't search it. Non the less gaps this is a REPOST!!! Please be more creative with your thread starting abilities.

This was a topic last spring and we already discussed the only safe way to do it was on a short 1k since if you had to bail on cops you can't do it on a stretched bike (Jp). 2nd you would need atleast 20 spotters with flashing light signals to tell you if you were good or not. a head set in The riders helmet with 1 main contact letting him know the info. The tough part would be the grove city side and the Easton area, you get through those two and you should be clear to go. You could prolly get it done In around 20-23 mins but not much more is possible. It was moved to the senior section so that's prolly why we can't search it. Non the less gaps this is a REPOST!!! Please be more creative with your thread starting abilities.

My Shits only 4 over. I can drag knee on it.

And the brass bass say fuck a spotter. You are either committed, or your not. When you are attempting something like this, why does a spotter even matter? You going to get 1/2 way and shut it down? PUSSY SHIT.

• Downvote 1