LS1 parts list help? exp ls1 owners

Mattsv8

hey guys i wana start on the mods for the camaro just gathering all parts and a hp tunner kit so i can tune it. im looking for following items and wana know what works and what dosent.

headers 1 7/8 min 3"

y pipe or true duals and reasons why. looking to magnaflow cat back if i go the y route.

camshaft. i want someting that at least sounds like my other rollers. so 580 lift or more.

springs. whats the best

other things im modding are

clutch.

9"

tq arm conrol arms and panhard bar.

also have a nos kit wich will be on 100shot, and leaving dead off the 2 step so thats where the clutch comes in need one to hold about a 200 to 250 ft lb increase from peak stock and at about 4500 clutch drop.

nos window/activation switch.

and anything im forgetting like ls2 timing chain or other safety engine items.

may go ahead and port stock heads and add h beams and forged pistons while im in it. possible change to compression for boost later.

Make sure you get 1 7/8 headers and I would get a MS3 or the vengence racing cam. With an MS4 cam you will be limited to using stock heads.

I'm sure IPS can get you a deal on a cam kit. I would get a ls6 oil pump for saftey at it will be needed and you can't go wrong with a spec 3+ clutch.

ms3, dual springs, hardened pushrods, ls6 oil pump (ported?), ls2 timing chain.

I have the HSW wet plate kit and I really like it. I have a dynotune window switch, whitch is a nice piece. it has 1st gear lockout and can be set up for two stages....

I have heard great things about the monster clutches...

and tru duals is obviously the best flowing option, its just your preference.

ms4 cam? Not sure on the specs but they like the bottle :)

MS4 doesn't like nitrous, see quote below, the MS3 is a great nitrous cam.

ms3, dual springs, hardened pushrods, ls6 oil pump (ported?), ls2 timing chain.

I have the HSW wet plate kit and I really like it. I have a dynotune window switch, whitch is a nice piece. it has 1st gear lockout and can be set up for two stages....

I have heard great things about the monster clutches...

and tru duals is obviously the best flowing option, its just your preference.

This is a great and pretty common way to go.

I use EFIlive to tune and it offers some nitrous friendly controls if you use one of their custom operating systems, IMO EFIlive is easier to use as I've tried both but to each his own. MS3 would be a great cam, I use the 233/239 cam that is one step down and works well, but kind of wish I'd went with the MS3. Also look at Texas Speed's 1 7/8 headers, their getting good rep but weren't out when I bought my Pacesetters. I'd recommend going with either HSW plate kit or Nitrous Outlet plate kit as they are known to make a much better spray pattern. Heard geat things about Monster clutches as well, but I have an auto so I'm not as up to speed on clutches and such. Suspension is up to you, I've done well with direct replacement adjustable peices, either BMR or UMI for that, they're almost identical. Obviously Moser 9" all the way, get whatever suits you, but if you really want it powder coated I'd get it installed, weld on some tabs for your brake lines, see that everything fits well and then have it powdercoated. I absolutly hate the locker in my buddies 9" its more annoying around corners then my spool, and it unloads everytime he shifts.

I loooove my LS7 clutch. Cheap, great for daily driving, and I believe it supports up to ~450 whp

no. that clutch won't take a drop off a 2 step and DRs along with juice. while i agree with you that its a nice clutch for a mild engine and a DD it won't take what he wants to do.

i had the LS7 clutch in my other camaro and my vette.

no. that clutch won't take a drop off a 2 step and DRs along with juice. while i agree with you that its a nice clutch for a mild engine and a DD it won't take what he wants to do.

i had the LS7 clutch in my other camaro and my vette.

You're right, I fail at reading apparently :lol:

QTP headers

Y-pipe, true duals are a pain for DSLs and too noisy

MS3

Patriot springs

Comp pushrods

Centerforce DFX Sintered Iron 6 Puck

BMR or UPR on the suspension, I would go with the chassis mount over tranny mount

adjustable panhard for if you lower it

LCA drop brackets

I have full BMR suspention from to rear except from my subframes. I put the UMI 3 points in my car. TQ arm is a must with the sub frame as I ripped my stock TQ in half.

You might want to look in the TNT power ring it has two nozzles so you can spray a much bigger shot when you're ready to step up to something bigger.

Make sure you get a shifter with stops built into it. When you get a cam and rev the motor higher you might want to look into a shift light. My stock tach is ~400 rpm low when the motor is at 7k rpm and can not keep up in first or second gear.

PM me if you have any questions I'll me more than happy to help you out.

I have full BMR suspention from to rear except from my subframes. I put the UMI 3 points in my car. TQ arm is a must with the sub frame as I ripped my stock TQ in half.

You might want to look in the TNT power ring it has two nozzles so you can spray a much bigger shot when you're ready to step up to something bigger.

Make sure you get a shifter with stops built into it. When you get a cam and rev the motor higher you might want to look into a shift light. My stock tach is ~400 rpm low when the motor is at 7k rpm and can not keep up in first or second gear.

PM me if you have any questions I'll me more than happy to help you out.

I thought TNT went under, I agree they had a nice set-up, so maybe he could find one used, but I don't think you'd be able to buy one anymore.

I thought TNT went under, I agree they had a nice set-up, so maybe he could find one used, but I don't think you'd be able to buy one anymore.

Their site is still up??? :confused: But it doesn't look like you can purchase anything. FUCK so much for a 102mm power ring.

http://www.nitrous-power.com/main.htm

Well so far my list is like this.

Camshaft swap ; ms4 or cam for more tq and spray I'm thinking a 113 for better driveability and cyl pressure in the lower rpms so little mr tq for loss of afew hp. But I know drag cars need a lot of low end tq and I plan on spraying straight off the 2 step. I wana run 10s with it but also daily drive it and be able to lock in a deicent tune for the mpg.. will likley swap to e85.

Ls2 timing chain ls6 ported oil pump.

Ported stock heads w prc dual springs

Might do a l92 head lsx102r intake combo?

Spec 3+ cause its driveable and can hold the hit.

I will rebuild the t56 w steel shift fork. Billett keys think carbon fiber syncros from dnd viper tailshaft swap

Pro 5.0 shifter

Tsp or kooks 1 7/8 lt w 3 or 3.5" true duals

Racetronics fuel pump

Will need diff inj for e85

Moser 9" 35 spline pro spool

Qa1 adj fronts and better rear shocks

Someones tunnel mt tq arm w loops

Adj rod end lower control arms

Relocation brackets

Who makes the best strength and fit subframe connectors id like to keep the 6pt out of the car

28x12x5 et streets or 26x10 et drags

Billett streetlights

Hp tunners or efi live id like to get opinions on these it will be low power spray then a 6l w some turbo so id wana be able to tune for both.

I'm shure there is more that I'm forgetting . It has to stay my street car for spring summer fall

Well so far my list is like this.

Camshaft swap ; ms4 or cam for more tq and spray I'm thinking a 113 for better driveability and cyl pressure in the lower rpms so little mr tq for loss of afew hp. But I know drag cars need a lot of low end tq and I plan on spraying straight off the 2 step. I wana run 10s with it but also daily drive it and be able to lock in a deicent tune for the mpg.. will likley swap to e85.

Ls2 timing chain ls6 ported oil pump.

Ported stock heads w prc dual springs

Might do a l92 head lsx102r intake combo?

Spec 3+ cause its driveable and can hold the hit.

I will rebuild the t56 w steel shift fork. Billett keys think carbon fiber syncros from dnd viper tailshaft swap

Pro 5.0 shifter

Tsp or kooks 1 7/8 lt w 3 or 3.5" true duals

Racetronics fuel pump

Will need diff inj for e85

Moser 9" 35 spline pro spool

Qa1 adj fronts and better rear shocks

Someones tunnel mt tq arm w loops

Adj rod end lower control arms

Relocation brackets

Who makes the best strength and fit subframe connectors id like to keep the 6pt out of the car

28x12x5 et streets or 26x10 et drags

Billett streetlights

Hp tunners or efi live id like to get opinions on these it will be low power spray then a 6l w some turbo so id wana be able to tune for both.

I'm shure there is more that I'm forgetting . It has to stay my street car for spring summer fall

Who makes the shift light I wana look it up. I'm getting the switch pannel that mounts in the ashtray 4 switches and a purge button!