ChumpCar 25-hour race at Nelson

greg1647545532

My plans for the summer may be changing, and I'm trying to fill the void. Would anyone be interested in getting a ChumpCar team together for the Oct 8-9 25 hour race? Specifically, anyone with a trailer, welder, or actual race experience, as I'm already planning on taking up the casual mechanic/casual driver slot :)

My plans for the summer may be changing, and I'm trying to fill the void. Would anyone be interested in getting a ChumpCar team together for the Oct 8-9 25 hour race? Specifically, anyone with a trailer, welder, or actual race experience, as I'm already planning on taking up the casual mechanic/casual driver slot :)

id help, i think it would be fun.

Maybe - I've got a lot of projects going on, but I can bring actual race experience (in endurance races!) and might be interested in driving.....or heading up some crew folks...

I reviewed ChumpCars "rules" and found thier group to be a bit better for my tastes than Lemons.

Get a rough initial plan together and see where it goes.

I don't have the time for any of the organizational type duties but I can offer time for fabrication and a tow up in a well equipped enclosed trailer. I have a little enduro experience and a crap ton of laps around Ledges.

I haven't read the ChumpCar rules, how similar are they to the LeMons rules?

I haven't read the ChumpCar rules, how similar are they to the LeMons rules?

From a foggy memory - pretty similar in car prep rules to Lemons.

Operationally, they require their basic drivers school for newbies and have a more structured penalty plan for cheating/errant drivers/etc (a little less "show" - a little more like a real race organization).

I will have to reread if this starts to move forward....

I may be interested, full time mechanic w/welder, casual driver. Although I do have a fire suit and other safety equipment. Driving experience is pretty limited: 3 years autocross, one year of karts, and plan on doing first track day at nelson ledges in June. Might be able to get a sweet hookup on a car if you you still need one.

I've got a Volvo dl240 avail if interested. It's gonna go to pick n pull soon if not wanted. PM me if interested, that was our plan was to run chumpcar but it's not looking like were gonna head in that direction.

If you are looking for a car, let me know. A few of those that posted know it well. Tinman even did the cage a few years ago.

Still in green (and a few other colors) in "as last raced" condition (one lobe +/- shy of a full cam)?

This sounds like a ball of fun. But for the next 12 months grad school will own me. However with any luck I'll be in a position to graduate this time next year. If anyone is putting together a team then I would love to be included. Unfortunately, about the only thing I can bring to the table is enthusiasm.