Are there mushroom enthusiast on here?

oh8sti

it totaled 4.59lb and i ended up selling a pound to a guy in the parking lot (as many as he could fit in his hands) for $45. I was mistaken on the price Hills was going to give me. They gave me $30 a pound. They just ran out of mushrooms today for their special dish and were blown away by the size of some of the mushrooms. I kept a pound for myself and family to enjoy. There are more out there' date=' i just grabbed the ones i could see haha[/quote']

Mind if I come out and poke around? :)

Mind if I come out and poke around? :)

Haha the manage at hills asked the same thing. I told him the last thing my parents want is a load of people walking around the property lookin for shrooms hahaha.

The interesting this is, all the places I've found them at the house is right next to a compose pile from our nieghbor who is a landscaper. I think the stuff he is pulling from other yards is bringing spores. I'm not even mad about it.

Here is what I found within about 20 minutes of searching. Check out the cigarette pack for comparison :-)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a88/seandb20/2011-05-01_19-27-39_195.jpg

Up near Mingo Park ?

Nope.....but might give mingo a shot though.

My gf has a close friend who has been hunting mushrooms his whole life. He told her to pull them out at the base then cut the very tip off before cooking.

Nope.....but might give mingo a shot though.

My gf has a close friend who has been hunting mushrooms his whole life. He told her to pull them out at the base then cut the very tip off before cooking.

I was told to not do that. They won't come back in the same area that year if you pull everything out.

I was told to not do that. They won't come back in the same area that year if you pull everything out.

That makes sense, but he said that he never had an issue doing it that way. They still came back every year in the same spot.

I just weighed them and they were 4.9 pounds. Calling Huffmans and Hills tomorrow morning. Then gonna get paid for having a nice hike with my lady ;-)