Septic water making its way into sump pit.

nurkvinny

I'll spare everyone the details, but I found that septic contents are making it into my sump pit in the basement. This was the 2nd time. I've done the typical Googling already, but...

Has anyone else had this happen? If so, what was the root cause and what had to happen to fix it?

I am hoping that having the septic pumped today plus having a single dry day tomorrow will help things.

I have curtian drains on my septic, but everytime we have flooding, then for some reason, my fields don't drain well and then the main pewper line gets clogged up and I have to pull one of the pots up and snake it all out... Which will be my project for the evening. So I feel your pain.

Vinny, it's prolly all the rain. I know your yard doesn't have a ton of fall away from the house so I bet if it ever stops raining, you won't have this issue. Where did they run the sump drain line outside.

Unfortunately, I have no idea where the sump pipes go. They exit East (back of house w/ septic is South), but who knows if there's a 90 in there somewhere.

Pumper truck just left, so I shouldn't be sending any water to the fields for a couple days. Maybe they have a fighting chance to dry up some now.

I'm thinking about turning the sump pump off, filling the pit and input lines with water/bleach a few times... see what that does for some of the smell from the shitty water coming through them.

Septic guy tried to sell me on a bunch of chemicals to pump into the fields. Sounded just as cheap to dig the fuckers up and replace them with new pipe.

I.HATE.SEPTICS.

Also, Sam, I am hoping to avoid digging anything up. For now.

Guest Spam

I guess you could say you are in a....

pretty shitty situation. :gabe:

The house "out" pipe was no longer connected to the outside PVC pipe. I have shit up to my elbows. I just saved $400.

"I just saved $400 on my car insurance"......and I didn't have to get shit on my hands.

Seriously.....sorry for the shit-luck man. Good news is you found the problem and have it fixed? Can only get better.

"I just saved $400 on my car insurance"......and I didn't have to get shit on my hands.

Seriously.....sorry for the shit-luck man. Good news is you found the problem and have it fixed? Can only get better.

What made things better was finally getting to take a shower just now.

:fuckyeah:

One trip to Lowes, 2 beers and 1 shot for the neighbor who does pipe fitting for a living, 2 gallons of bleach, and 30 bucks later...

All is good.

What made things better was finally getting to take a shower just now.

One trip to Lowes, 2 beers and 1 shot for the neighbor who does pipe fitting for a living, 2 gallons of bleach, and 30 bucks later...

All is good.

and it's going to be dry and 61 so you get to ride the Scooter :)