PC Issues

timmy43016

I have a new Toshiba Sat laptop. There is nothing on it but a photo editing software. It is a dual core with 4GB RAM on Win 7 64. Lately when I log from sleep mode on I get this error message with no problem code:

"Your system is running low on resources. You cannot log on as a new user Please use an account that has already been logged on."

Only one account exists. All programs are closed except a web browser. This PC is clean, but the low resources message...not sure. Anyone else have this or know a fix? Googled different scenarios and all I see is restore points, but that didn't work. Also, my auto updates are not on and I have not updated for a few weeks and this is a new problem in the past couple days. No config changes that I know of since the start.

Have you tried a Clean Boot up ? Basically you'll boot up the PC with just MS Windows stuff that's needed. No add ons or other programs and resources. I would venture that there's something in the background hogging resources and won't let go or allow the system to sleep or come back up without them still in place.

Performing a clean boot like this is like step one for me if I ever have issues.

Here's the drill:

Test in a Clean Boot environment to see if this issue is related to interference from other services / programs:

1. Click Start , type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. (If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue .)
  2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup .
  3. Under Selective Startup , click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
  4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All .
  5. Click OK .
  6. When you are prompted, click Restart .
  7. Log back into your Account.

• ---------------------------------------------------
    If the problem does not return while your computer is in clean boot mode, a background program is likely causing interference. You can try to determine which background program is causing the problem while the computer is in clean boot mode.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    To find the process or program at cause follow the steps starting at enable half of the Services items , from the following article:
    How to perform a clean boot procedure to determine whether background programs are interfering with a game or a program that you currently use
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796
---------------------------------------------------
To restore your Normal startup:

1. Click Start , type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. (If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue .)
  2. On the General tab, click Normal Startup .
  3. When you are prompted, click Restart .

The one month free norton expired about 2 weeks ago. dont feel like reload a new PC, but looksl ike the only recourse at this point.

remove norton, completely. Install a lightweight antivirus like avira and you should be good