open carry

Hahn

I open carry my keltec .380 in a paddle holster frequently. My T-shirt covers it, but its fairly apparent if you look at me. I never get bugged. The gun is so small most people probably think its a cell phone.

That is typically the same strategy I use with my Glock 23. If someone wants to call it concealed I have a permit and if someone wants to call it open carry it is legal.

-Erik

Thats the correct answer if caught.;)

Exactly. It's the same way at Tuttle Mall. They are posted at the food court entrance, but not any other entrance. You can go in through Macy's and everything is fine and dandy unless they see it an ask you to leave. I don't really like going places that are trying to make it easy for criminals though.

I'm all for open carry rights. I don't really exercise it myself very often, unless out in the woods or on my way there.

it makes people very nervous. my old job we use to have a federal agent guy come in all the time with open carry, the badge right near his holster and people still stared at him.

i think its more hassle then its worth.

it makes people very nervous. my old job we use to have a federal agent guy come in all the time with open carry, the badge right near his holster and people still stared at him.

i think its more hassle then its worth.

I agree with this at least in a big city. People still seem too skittish about it and it almost guarantees you are going to get questioned by the police if/when people call. It's too much of a hassle to do it and have better things to do with my time. Conceal carry FTW!:fuckyeah:

Oh, I have also OC in Westerville. If you ever go into Westerville Barber Shop next to Roush Hardware you will see guys in there who OC every so often.

This, plus the fact that it is 100% legal means we need to be doing it far more so the public will stop flipping out because of it

Times 349,523,904,848,459.

Open carry is and should be legal, but i would not do it personally. I'm planning on getting my Concealed Carry and would only carry that way because if something does go down, I feel it would be better to have the element of suprise vs. being an obvious threat to a criminal.

Dont they have to prove that you saw the signs and you purposely ignored them?

He's wrong.

If they tell you to leave and you don't, then it's criminal trespassing. They can't LEGALLY just charge you with criminal trespassing if they aren't posted legally. The ORC says the sign must be posted in an conspicous manner. Meaning it has to be easy to see and read when you are going through the front door of a business. It cannot be posted at the service desk, a piece of paper on the side of the wall, corporate rule book, etc. If it's not posted on the front door of the business then I go in it. It's not my job to search down the sign on a wall or read the rule book of the mall.

It cannot be posted at the service desk, a piece of paper on the side of the wall, corporate rule book, etc. If it's not posted on the front door of the business then I go in it. It's not my job to search down the sign on a wall or read the rule book of the mall.

Well true to a point. If they have it posted at the service desk, and they catch you at the service desk, you're boned. It's posted on the employee corkboard near the bathroom and they get you coming out of the bathroom, you are boned.

The other is if they have asked you to leave before and catch you again, you're boned, because while it's only a warning when you haven't seen a sign, being verbally told by management is the same thing.

Security concern e-mail at CSCC today:

Received info 9:38 AM today a White Male,40-50, white ponytail, 6 foot, black clothing, displaying handgun near Cleveland and Long at 8:45 AM. Area checked. Subject not located.

Well seeing as how carry on campuses is not allowed.....

Well seeing as how carry on campuses is not allowed.....

True, however, sidewalks and easements are city property. So if it was a random person with an open carry walking down the street it is legit.

True, however, sidewalks and easements are city property. So if it was a random person with an open carry walking down the street it is legit.

This is true, but it's still a campus decision. I mean, I think with the way the laws are, not carrying around a campus like that is a pretty common sense thing. I don't think that is your typical open carry situation.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm a little behind the times here since I live in NC and am currently deployed, but when did open carry start in Ohio? Also, does anyone have a link to the actual law that allows it? Thanks.

I visit my parents quite frequently when on leave and such, and although I plan on getting a CCW, I haven't had the opportunity just yet. I'd still prefer to open carry even if I had a CCW though. It really is sad that firearms are so feared by today's society that someone (typically a law abiding citizen) simply in possession of one gets the evil eye.

I guess I'm a little behind the times here since I live in NC and am currently deployed, but when did open carry start in Ohio? Also, does anyone have a link to the actual law that allows it? Thanks.

1803, or 1791 before Statehood.

Apparently there is no law that allows; there is no law that prohibits.

I visit my parents quite frequently when on leave and such, and although I plan on getting a CCW, I haven't had the opportunity just yet. I'd still prefer to open carry even if I had a CCW though. It really is sad that firearms are so feared by today's society that someone (typically a law abiding citizen) simply in possession of one gets the evil eye.

No law the specifically regulate OC. When the Ohio Supreme Court ruled the original CC ban was constitutional in Klein v. Leis, they also noted that Ohioans do have the right to OC. You can still get harassed, but you have a legal precedent for defense.