Hypothetical Car Build.

thorne

What's the cheapest route to owning a LSX powered vehicle? I'm just curious what other peoples thoughts where. Motor swaps into other platforms acceptable as long as it does not prevent turbochargering.

I think a 99 fbody is prolly one of the cheaper routes or maybe a lsx swapped into a older fbody chassis or even a gbody. ... I would love a LSX powered 85 Monte SS

Then how would you get to 500+whp?

Turbocharging + e85

Foxbody.

Buy a 2.3 car with a solid body needing some tlc, none of the drivetrain will be used anyway so none of that is a concern. Parts are everywhere for the chassis, new and used, same for the LSx drivetrain that'll be used. You end up with a solid and proven drivetrain in a solid and proven chassis. Win.

Biggest drawback if you want high horsepower and it too hook in the FC/240sx's is the IRS. And swapping in a solid isn't a cheaper or easy task.

Gbody ftw. foxbodys are too common.

Biggest drawback if you want high horsepower and it too hook in the FC/240sx's is the IRS. And swapping in a solid isn't a cheaper or easy task.

Gbody ftw. foxbodys are too common.

guys drag racing with the IRS seem to do fine on the 240sx , solid is ideal but with all the mods you can do for cheap it can be looked past and hook with some works.

Here is pats old 240 from zilvia, basic sr20 Only rear mods this car has was solid bushing, kaaz lsd , and driveshaft shop axels.

non shop cars are cutting 1.4 60 foots on the stock r200 rear ends, really does not take much to get 2650 lb 240 with some power and decent coilovers to get going.

Foxbody.

Buy a 2.3 car with a solid body needing some tlc, none of the drivetrain will be used anyway so none of that is a concern. Parts are everywhere for the chassis, new and used, same for the LSx drivetrain that'll be used. You end up with a solid and proven drivetrain in a solid and proven chassis. Win.

This right here. You can achieve 500rwhp n/a from the stock bottom end, but it wouldnt be fun to drive. It would be a monster cam and 3k$ heads with a 102 mm intake/tb setup with some big long tubes.

Thorne, you will have more money in the swap than if you just buy a high milage Fbody.

Thats what I was wondering. I really do love the old monte and regal body though.

I'm just looking for something i could slowly build over the next couple years and ultimately be 500-600whp.