Guns + kids and family

XChris1632X

it stays on my hip or in one of the 4 safes I have in my house.... whenever my daughter asks about any of them, I get up then and go show it to her... now she doesn't really give a shit unless I ask her if she wants to go shooting.... I will do the same with my younger daughter.

I agree with alot of the suggestions in this thread. My dad would let me clean his guns with him when i was young and would teach me how to hold them properly in every aspect. Once i became old enough he bought me my very own guns.. small caliber of course ( youth guns) and took me to the family property to shoot.

Most parents now lock their guns up and put them away. This is how kids get into trouble when becomeing curious about them.

I am going to really look into some of those safes. All the ones I have ever looked at have seemed like they would be a bitch to get into quickly. I would not mind having all the guns in the house and put away if I knew I could access them with ease.

I am going to really look into some of those safes. All the ones I have ever looked at have seemed like they would be a bitch to get into quickly. I would not mind having all the guns in the house and put away if I knew I could access them with ease.

I have one of those safes on each level and have had ZERO issues. Kids know what they are and stay away from them, although they aren't out for them to get at really. I also have never had any issues popping them open.