Auto Loan help..

V8 Beast

I called my bank this morning to see about buying the aviator from Chris. They told me they could help but it had to be a car from a dealer and it had to have under 75k miles. I figured that was just them so I went to 3 other sources and was told basically the same thing.

I know they are in fear of people not paying on a car because it gets old. Other than dipping into my kids college fund is there a lender that you know of that wont tell me the car has to be a 2005 with 75k miles or less? I have been looking for a car for about a year now (and even though I havnt test drove it yet) its as close to want I want, in the price range I want, of anything I have seen.

Try a credit union. They are the most willing for a loan of this type. You may not get 4%...but you should be able to get the loan.

Usually I'd say Telhio here...but their service has sucked lately. Try Kemba. :)

-Marc

Thanks guys, I'll give them a call. Worst case scenario they approved me fro $25k to use at a dealer. I just wanted to have that option if the car tests out well. I know how I am and I want somethiong I can pay off in a year.. not 3.

Try a credit union. They are the most willing for a loan of this type. You may not get 4%...but you should be able to get the loan.

Usually I'd say Telhio here...but their service has sucked lately. Try Kemba. :)

-Marc

+1 Kemba has been great to me however I only have a savings with them. I have all of my other accounts with the Credit Union of Ohio (cuofohio.org) and they've been great, may want to check them out as well.

Agree 100%. I've had my last five cars financed through them and had nothing but excellent service. They will finance older vehicles through a private seller as well.

fairfield national bank. Talk to Jamie. Tell him John told you to call. 740-681-8243

PenFed credit union is offering 2.49% on up to 60 months

Used Auto Loan Rates**

2.49% APR* 12 to 36 months less than $7,500

2.49% APR* 12 to 48 months $7,500 - $70,000

2.49% APR* 12 to 60 months $10,000 - $70,000

8.99% APR 61 to 72 months $20,000 - $70,000

Disclosures

** Used Cars: Maximum used car loan advance is NADA "Retail Value" or 80% of the purchase price where NADA "Retail Value" is not available. Amount financed determines loan term. Further restrictions apply on vehicles with 100,000 miles or more. Call 800-247-5626 for details. Up to 100% financing is available to qualified members. Call 800-247-5626 for details.

Rate and term are based upon loan amount and model year and are subject to change. 100% financing available. If refinancing a Pentagon Federal Credit Union loan, you must net an additional $5,000. Other conditions apply.

"Smart" Car Collateral Restrictions: Total financing is limited to 100% of value and loan terms cannot exceed 60 months. Financing not available with a Payment Saver Loan for "Smart" cars, Trucks (including hybrids), and SUVs (including hybrids).

*Internet Only Sale Rate:2.49% APR applies to used vehicles for loan amounts up to $70,000 financed for 12-60 months. New and refinanced new vehicles (where you are the original owner) with a minimum loan amount of $20,000 may be financed for 61-72 months at 3.49% APR. Used and refinanced loan maximums are limited by NADA retail value. Term is based on loan amount and model year. 100% financing is available. Rate good only on Internet applications. Rate is 3.49% APR for non-Internet applications.

Loan Example: $20,000 at 2.49% APR; 60 monthly payments of approximately $356 each. Rate current as of May 2011 unless otherwise noted and are subject to change.

Used them on my Mini (which was new) BUT they have been excellent overall

we got a personal loan, as opposed to a auto loan to buy nathans RS a few years ago, as KBB doesnt match up at all for that cars actual worth (im sure there are other cars like this)

have you considered going that route? We knew we would pay it off early, so the higher interest wasnt an issue.

Thanks guys, I'll give them a call. Worst case scenario they approved me fro $25k to use at a dealer. I just wanted to have that option if the car tests out well. I know how I am and I want somethiong I can pay off in a year.. not 3.

If you can pay it off in a year, just dip into savings and buy it outright? We Bought our van in 07 and paid outright but a year later when I bought the speed, rather than dropping more savings we just used the shit-ton of equity in our home and put it on an equity line at Prime Plus Zero and paid ourselves/bank back in less than 14 months. It was just our way of stretching it out at near nothing interest.