selling guns

AWW$HEEET

when you sell/trade guns, do you typically ask for a hand receipt, or something with the names of the people involved, the serial number, model, etc?

i traded off my shotgun but it was an afterthought that maybe i need to have some documentation for non-repudiation purposes.

You don't have to, but a bill of sale is always smart. License #, name address, firearm type, serial number etc.. Just covers you in case. I haven't done a bill of sale with friends, but people I don't know usually get one.

This.

I then usually keep the bill of sale in my ammo case.

all that link tells me is there is no registration, there is nothing to technically to tie me to a weapon except DNA possibly.

If you bought it from a dealer, there will be a link to you. It will be in the dealer's log book.

pawn shop, which sold it to me. they had to call it into the FBI, go through waiting period, etc.

You got delayed? ahahahaha

But you have security clearance don't you? That usually delays you

You don't have to, but a bill of sale is always smart. License #, name address, firearm type, serial number etc.. Just covers you in case. I haven't done a bill of sale with friends, but people I don't know usually get one.

+1

all that link tells me is there is no registration, there is nothing to technically to tie me to a weapon except DNA possibly.

Orly?

When buying from a private individual, you are not required to do a background check or any other paperwork. That being said, it is recommended that at the very least there is a bill of sale, and that the seller copy all of the information from the buyer's ID. If you, as the seller, have any doubts about the buyer, a gun store/FFL would be willing to do the background check for you, usually for a small fee.

:yuno:

full 3 days

I'm less than a day, but I get delayed and have to wait for the FBI to give the green light. I had BWSC tell me 5 days, but it really only boils down to half a day. I talked with an older gentleman that wa in Vietnam and he said clearances post 9/11 = delay. We talked about how flawed that really is, but it's the nature of the beast.

pawn shop, which sold it to me. they had to call it into the FBI, go through waiting period, etc.

So you are linked to that firearm in their log book.

It's good to have proof that you sold it in case it turns up at a crime scene but it is not required by law.

I'm a friend, I feel special :masturboy:

I'm less than a day, but I get delayed and have to wait for the FBI to give the green light. I had BWSC tell me 5 days, but it really only boils down to half a day. I talked with an older gentleman that wa in Vietnam and he said clearances post 9/11 = delay. We talked about how flawed that really is, but it's the nature of the beast.

I don't get it, people with security clearances... people that have to pass a rigorous background checks gets delayed? But average Joe doesn't? THat is pretty flawed.

I don't get it, people with security clearances... people that have to pass a rigorous background checks gets delayed? But average Joe doesn't? THat is pretty flawed.

I was thinking something similar.

Yup, it's the same government that labeled Iraq/Afghanistan Veterans "Right Wing Extremists" and home grown terrorists. I've held a TS Clearance and get the FBI shake down everytime I buy at a store.