Any plumbers here?

greg1647545532

if you want to do it your self you could use the shark bite fittings for copper. i have used them many times with zero issues. you can get them at lowes and home depot too.

http://s3.pexsupply.com/images/products/large/u248-1.jpg

-clean, clean, clean, clean, clean.

-flux

-get it hot (MAP gas)

-it should suck right in.

I had great success on all the joints I did on my bench vice using the above steps. When I went to splice them into the old pipes attached to the ceiling in my basement, it didn't go so well. I think mostly because of step 1. 3 of those 4 joints failed... badly. Consider my confidence shaken.

if you want to do it your self you could use the shark bite fittings for copper. i have used them many times with zero issues. you can get them at lowes and home depot too.

http://s3.pexsupply.com/images/products/large/u248-1.jpg

This. These things are freakin great!! I have about 50 of these things in my house right now from remodeling.

Shark fittings are the way to go. I use them a lot and have yet to have a single issue. They're more expensive but worth it if you're having trouble with the alternative method.

I had great success on all the joints I did on my bench vice using the above steps. When I went to splice them into the old pipes attached to the ceiling in my basement, it didn't go so well. I think mostly because of step 1. 3 of those 4 joints failed... badly. Consider my confidence shaken.

If there is any water in the lines that can cause issues so try to get all the water out first.

Or spend a couple extra bucks and get shark bites as others have said.

Thanks for the advice guys. Ends up I was able to get a plumber out there short notice and he cleaned up all my shit, did all the work I was going to do, and showed me why my joints sucked, all in less than 3 hours. Thank god for pros. He also mentioned the shark bites and how they're pretty awesome.