Black Lab - FREE

smokin5s

so it appears someone just dropped the dog off on my road and now the dog has chosen us as his new home... He won't leave the front porch and will follow us around everywhere when we are outside. He's a great dog, but still a puppy... (I would say a year, year and a half old judging by his teeth)

He's super loving and just wants to be part of a family. We already have 2 dogs and don't need a 3rd. I treated him for flea and tick the other day (he had both from running through the fields) as well as we got heart worm meds for him that I will be giving him tonight. He still has his balls so neutering him will be on whoever gets him. I just don't want to call the dog warden since Morrow County is a kill shelter.

If I can ever get him to sit still I'll take a few pics of him... (he gets really excited when someone comes out to pay attention to him)

Someone please come and give him a good home.

Are labs typically known to be good with kids? any idea how big he will get?

IMO they are some of the best with kids. Very loving and intelligent. I'd take him in a heart beat if we were allow to have a dog here.

yes, Labs are awesome family dogs PERIOD... I would keep him but like I said, I already have 2 dogs and they are too much to handle. Sucks that my other 2 dogs are already attached to him and whine when I bring them in the house and make him stay outside. Mark, I will send you a PM in a few.

I had a black lab and a yellow lab when I was growing up, if they are fed right and get exercise they get to be a little over 100 pounds at least ours did. They were amazing around me and my brothers could fight with em and they never ever bit me once. Great Dogs.

Labs are great for families. They're very tolerant and very intelligent. 100 is large for a lab, although most people think they should be bigger than they are for some reason. Typically a dog will grow to around 75 lbs.

I'm at 4 dogs so I don't even have room to foster right now. Good luck.

ya, I was going to say 60-80lbs max... any more and the dog is just plain fat and unhealthy.

And he is very smart.... actually unbelieveably smart... I want to keep him and get rid of my other 2, but I don't think the family will approve of that.

He's just dirty from running through the mud and playing with my other dogs... he has a full black coat. Ignore the dead june bugs all over my porch, I sweep them off and the next day it's a grave yard again....

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/5148/dsc0554z.jpg

http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9950/dsc0553p.jpg

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/2614/dsc0552a.jpg

Labs in general are great family dogs. Reach about 60-80 lbs (unless overweight). I have a black male about 70lbs. Wonderful. Never bites, loves everyone, loves to run around outside. So nice. Kids can hit them, push them, lay all over them and they love it. They are easy to train. They love attention and food and get along with other animals including our cat and ferret.

Good luck finding a home for him.

I've had a bunch of people ask for my number, but no calls... We really need to get this dog a home... I don't want to take him inside but it's really hot out so someone come give him a home for memorial day!

oh wow he is precious! I hope he goes to a great home.... I would take in another lab in a heart beat but im already trying to take in a dog that needs a new home.