Cooper Park Complex

EMvette

Hey Guys,

I hope you have been trying to follow the approval process for the new Cooper Park Complex at the old Cooper Stadium. If not, go to this website:

http://www.coopertalk.com

There is a very important Columbus City Council meeting coming up on Tuesday, June 21st, where they are going to hear input from the community before they make their final decision the next week. If we get enough supporters to show up, it is almost guaranteed to get the 'thumbs up'.

If you are a fan (or participant) of Drifting, AutoX, Circle Track, or car shows, Cooper Park Complex will have a direct positive impact on your activities. If you want to help make CPC a reality, we can really use your support now.

Please look at the information on the above website. If you can attend the public meeting, it will be greatly appreciated. If not, please take the time to call Mayor Coleman's office: 614-645-7671

and City Council: 614-645-7830

to voice your support. We are told that council will be keeping a close eye on calls of support that come from the community prior to their meeting.

Thanks,

BeerMan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had an off-the-record convo with City Council...they would love to see people from outside of Columbus talk about how this would bring activity/business to Franklinton/Columbus. Any help there would be greatly appreciated...can you guys mention something to Cleveland, Cinci, Dayton racing forums, car forums?

Left a VM with Greg at Mayor Coleman's office, BTW. :)

Edited by zeitgeist57

Im almost for sure gonna call and maybe show up. I have known of this plan prolly since last june when my boss at the golf course was saying how we need this track... I cant wait for it! Hopefully it passes!

The new Cooper Park website just went online.

Go to: http://www.cooperparkcomplex.com

There is a place to click where you can have a letter automatically generated & sent to the Mayor and City Council voicing your support. It only takes a few seconds.

Please do it today. Tell your friends. Shoot a note out on you facebook. Time is very short.

Thanks,

BeerMan

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow's the big day for the big city council meeting to discuss approving the Cooper Park project. I was confronted by one of the opponents yesterday who claimed their side is going to show up in force tomorrow. He did everything except claim they were going to give us the beatdown of the century. (Pretty bold for a 65 year old man from German Village)

Listen guys, this meeting is a BIG deal. City council wants to see if there is support for the project. Do whatever you can to be there, and show the city that local auto enthuiasts support this project. Better yet, grab a neighbor and/or friend & bring them with you. If you don't know where to go or how to get there give me a call at 614-578-1215. If you can't make it for the 5:30 beginning, come down late anyway.

We can't let our dream of a fun new racing facility get defeated by a bunch of tree huggers from GV.

Special meeting - 5:30pm

Columbus City Council

90 W. Broad Street - 2nd floor

Columbus, OH 43215

Free parking available after 5pm.

See you there.

BeerMan

How late does it go? I can't get there until at least 6.

How do we show that we are there in support of this project and not there against?

I just got out of a meeting that covered this stuff. The best guess is that the meeting will go 3+ hours. So if you can't make it at 5:30, please come late.

We will have free "For Cooper Park" shirts for supporters that show up. One of our people should be at city hall to greet you when you get there & show you how to get to council chambers.

I just found out that the "free" parking lot only holds about 30 cars, so here are a few options:

1/ We will have a bus (of the school variety) running a route through Franklinton picking up people from 4pm-6pm. The best way to catch this bus is to park at either Tommy's Diner on Broad St. or Franklin Plaza at Broad & I-70. (Look for the person with the Cooper Park sign.)

2/ Use carpools to save space.

3/ You can park in the LeVeque Tower parking garage. You would have to pay for parking, but I'm told it's the best option.

If you get on the bus, we will have free refreshments & possibly some sandwiches. Please use this service if you can.

Let's do it guys.

BeerMan

BTW, anyone who cannot make it, the number listed in the first post is incorrect, its 614-645-7380

I called and voiced support for the complex. I suggest anyone that cant attend the meeting do so as well, since apparently they are paying close attention to the phone support. It literally takes just a second. The person asks you your name, your zip code, and if you are in favor or not. Also called the Mayor's office, as well. Same deal.

I just got out of a meeting that covered this stuff. The best guess is that the meeting will go 3+ hours. So if you can't make it at 5:30, please come late.

We will have free "For Cooper Park" shirts for supporters that show up. One of our people should be at city hall to greet you when you get there & show you how to get to council chambers.

I just found out that the "free" parking lot only holds about 30 cars, so here are a few options:

1/ We will have a bus (of the school variety) running a route through Franklinton picking up people from 4pm-6pm. The best way to catch this bus is to park at either Tommy's Diner on Broad St. or Franklin Plaza at Broad & I-70. (Look for the person with the Cooper Park sign.)

2/ Use carpools to save space.

3/ You can park in the LeVeque Tower parking garage. You would have to pay for parking, but I'm told it's the best option.

If you get on the bus, we will have free refreshments & possibly some sandwiches. Please use this service if you can.

Let's do it guys.

BeerMan

Excellent, ill be there for the bus! :)

i think i might come out, but i'll have my kids in tow....

is it ok to bring my kids?? i promise they will be good!

I cant see it being a bad thign, as long as they are pretty good..

Crayons and Coloring book for entertainment? (or something like that?)

Hell, im bringing my kitting so i can keep from fidgeting..