German car help: Suspension noise after Coilovers

Aaron

The smart one...

Aaron- Did you look at the subframe, and strut mounts yet?

He was able to duplicate it for me yesterday doing 1.5mph in a circle in a parking lot. Otherwise, not noticeable.:dumb:

I think it's just the say the car is dealing with bumps with the new coilovers. More data is transmitted... :yuno:

The smart one...

Aaron- Did you look at the subframe, and strut mounts yet?

I don't think it is the subframe but I will be purchasing the audi/passat bolts and spacer shims soon. $12.

I had to see what the return policy was for ecs. I might buy all new mounts/bearings for the front. Remember the 2 bearings did not behave the same when we looked at them. That is my guess.

He was able to duplicate it for me yesterday doing 1.5mph in a circle in a parking lot. Otherwise, not noticeable.:dumb:

I think it's just the say the car is dealing with bumps with the new coilovers. More data is transmitted... :yuno:

Yeah its certainly not loud or anything. I know its there and I focus on it.

They said replacement is covered per part. So I pay for new and then refunded the defective parts. I don't want to take it all out for just bearings so I will prob buy new oem mounts and bearings to be safe.

Other than that I freaking love my new summer setup.

The one was a bit notchy.

Bug=Sandwich Maker.

If you remember, one was a bit stiff and one seemed to rotate in a different manner, not rotations the same pieces as the other.

Oh well. Now that I know how to do it, it wont be bad to replace them. I will be getting one of those special sockets for the strut nut though.

if you're willing to drive down to Dublin, I'll take a listen

i'm with teh Patter$on here....i once had a clunk and it turned out my end link nuts were loose enough to move uinder load but not loose to move by hand when the car was in the air.....I just lucked out and retorqued them to spec and was surprised to find they were loose.........clunk gone

if you're willing to drive down to Dublin, I'll take a listen

i'm with teh Patter$on here....i once had a clunk and it turned out my end link nuts were loose enough to move uinder load but not loose to move by hand when the car was in the air.....I just lucked out and retorqued them to spec and was surprised to find they were loose.........clunk gone

I put a wrench on everything removed/replaced. Nothing was loose.

Ill come by this weekend if u are free.

I expected more from your post sir.

You disappoint.

haha.

I do not have any magic fix it fingers.

I cant think of anything that hasn't already been said.

Those coilovers use the stock upper strut mount correct?

Im guessing its something in the spring and or strut mount.

My camber plates clunk the same way. Through the wheel and tunnel.

Might consider raising the car up, take the wheel off and have someone turn the wheel. Mine can still be felt with no load. Whether youll be able to tell anything or not I dunno but it'd be my first step.

haha.

I do not have any magic fix it fingers.

I cant think of anything that hasn't already been said.

Those coilovers use the stock upper strut mount correct?

Im guessing its something in the spring and or strut mount.

My camber plates clunk the same way. Through the wheel and tunnel.

Might consider raising the car up, take the wheel off and have someone turn the wheel. Mine can still be felt with no load. Whether youll be able to tell anything or not I dunno but it'd be my first step.

Yes, stock mounts and bearings.

Ill try that. Thanks man.

Cars and Coffee ?

I can do that.

Yes, stock mounts and bearings.

Ill try that. Thanks man.

I can do that.

if you can get the front end up and supported on jack stands, Ive used a jack to lift the lower control arm and fake some load on the strut. Might help recreate the noise. This only works on one side at a time. Obviously.