Mustang long tube q's

Dr. Apex

I need to replace my long tubes as mine have rusted thru. The car has bbk long tubes and I believe x pipe as well, what should I go with that will fit and not rust thru again?

No pacesetter/chinese junk, slp maybe? But I don't have a ton of money for this either, price range of maybe $800.

TIA, Ben

SLP is nice, Kooks has been best in my experience. Both will be a little out of your budget. I would look around to see if anyone has a nice used set.

American muscle has slp ceramic long tubes listed for $800, or would stainless be better?

I've found that a lot of times that the ceramic that comes on headers from the manufacturer isnt off the best quality. If you can get them not coated and then have a reputable company coat them the ceramic coating will last much longer.

American muscle has slp ceramic long tubes listed for $800, or would stainless be better?

I haven't used their ceramic long tubes so I can't say. They're a reputable company as far as quality is concerned so I wouldn't think anything bad about getting those.

You're doing the install yourself, right?

I haven't used their ceramic long tubes so I can't say. They're a reputable company as far as quality is concerned so I wouldn't think anything bad about getting those.

You're doing the install yourself, right?

No, no place to do it and never had to take on a project like this before.

Wouldn't surprise me if some companies skimp on something like that.

No, no place to do it and never had to take on a project like this before.

Wouldn't surprise me if some companies skimp on something like that.

Weak sauce.

You should be good to go with SLP, i wouldn't worry about them personally.

MAC, Accufab, & Stainless Works ( loved mine but I am hearing things bad these days.. just FYI). I have had two sets of Kooks and they fit like absolute shit.

Maybe things have changed in the last two years but I haven't had an issue with any sets of Kooks I did. I've never done anything with Accufab other than throttle bodies so I can't speak for those.

Maybe things have changed in the last two years but I haven't had an issue with any sets of Kooks I did. I've never done anything with Accufab other than throttle bodies so I can't speak for those.

I had Accufabs on my 86 and they fit like a glove, they replaced the Kooks I had that hung down 4 inches too low and would never been driveable.

If you want to do it in your driveway, let me know. I'd be happy to tell you how I've been doing them. It should only take a couple of hours once you get rolling.

If you want to do it in your driveway, let me know. I'd be happy to tell you how I've been doing them. It should only take a couple of hours once you get rolling.

Thanx, don't have a driveway though. From what I read it's a full days job and then some with an engine support, jack stands, removing the k-member and all kinds of stuff.

Thanx, don't have a driveway though. From what I read it's a full days job and then some with an engine support, jack stands, removing the k-member and all kinds of stuff.

It's not that bad. A jack, 3 jack stands, and a piece of 2x4 will take care of both the car and the engine. Drop the k ~2" and you have room to maneuver.