Lettuce tawk Mazda5 stick shift...

zeitgeist57

...for cereal!

My wife and I are looking for a new three-row kid mobile. We LOVE the Ford Flex, but getting an Ecoboost in our price range is going to take a few years. We've been looking at a lot of minivans/small SUVs that have leather seating.

The manual transmission-equipped Mazda5 has been a favorite, but hardly any were offered with leather. However, with issues popping up on our Caravan, I've stepped up the search.

I noticed that Mazda offered a 5 in Canada called the GT, which offered leather, sunrOof...and a 5-speed manual.

TWO THINGS I NEED:

1- what does it take to buy and import a car from Canada?

2- maybe easier...any Mazda guys that know Mazda5s with leather and 5-speeds for sale nationwide?

Good luck with your search. I couldn't find any manuals with the options we wanted in the time frame we were looking. Since it was the wife's DD she wanted auto anyway. Jon Haskins at Byers found the car with the options we wanted(loaded sans GPS) and didn't waste our time. It was a very quick buying experience.

We are happy with the microvan.

CJ

If a manual is a must I would imagine you having to buy the first one that fits your condition/mileage requirements.

This leaves leather as something to be done aftermarket. Certain cars you can't be picky about when u want a manual.

I am doing leather interior next summer on my cloth seats.

I will say, I like the mazda 5 from a utility standpoint.

Roomy, easy to get things / kids in and out of with the sliding doors.

BUT, with a car like profile and driving position, and can be tons more fun than any minivan.

Friend of mine at work bought one for said purpose and loves it, only problem he's had over the past couple years was a brake switch which was cheap.

A couple of years ago there was an '06 Grand Touring in Indy, 45k miles, blk/blk leather with a stick for a great price on auto trader...shoulda got it. It doesn't have GPS or a DVD player, but i dont need GPS since my BlackBerry does a better job for free. DVD would be nice...

Anyway...PLZ keep an eye out, or let me know of good sites to search for sales...

Jon Haskins at Byers found the car with the options we wanted(loaded sans GPS) and didn't waste our time. It was a very quick buying experience.

John's a good guy and a friend of mine. Straight shooter and a will take care of you. Feel free to toss my name at him. He remembers my Trailblazer and GXP. He sold the wife and I our first van which was an MPV and most recently he helped me with my MS3 back in July of 08.

I believe the touring 5speed was dropped for 08, so you're stuck with the 2 years if you want a sunroof. Check out mazdav.com for better info. There were waaay more sports (base model) sold with manuals. You can always get a set of leather seats from a wrecked car on eBay and sell me the cloth ones if you find a sport -- I wouldn't mind having a spare set for when my kids destroy them. If you want to test drive my 09 sport you can pm me. I found mine through dumb luck.