Who can get R12?

Sully

Yup, the European Union and Japan are already on board to replacing R134a with CO2. The US isn't planning on being a part of it, hello fragmentation.

Latest news is we will most likely go to R1234yf - very similar to 134a in performance and pressures (although listed as "slightly" flammable) - will also use the same oils. Still some debate over whether or not it will be offered in small cans.

As production for R1234yf gears up, capacity for R134a will be lost - and prices will go up. No plans currently to ban R134a, but the price could get very high even though it would still be produiced.

CO2 (R744a) is still on track for approval, but has a few issues - very high operating pressures (2000 psi) and does not cool well in hot climates. It also takes a lot more HP to compress to those pressure, thus hurting gas mileage, thus very unlikely to gain much traction (likely to be the "Betamax" of refrigerants).

thank you just trying to help out.

Lol i know what you meant. I was kidding with you.

I have 2 30lb cases for sale. so ya.

And I have r134a cases for the apocalypse when it comes.

he has a machine that changes the accumulator/drier, oil, fittings, and flushes the r12 out and put's in r134a?

Is the machine called a mechanic?

Lol i know what you meant. I was kidding with you.

I have 2 30lb cases for sale. so ya.

And I have r134a cases for the apocalypse when it comes.

Good for you, keep that shit out of the tech section. If you're not going to be of any help, don't post in here.

I am helping. I offered to sell him r12, and gave a list of things that needed to be done to convert to r134a. If you would like to cry take it to PM's. ;)

Did you miss what I quoted? you have no reason to post stupid shit in this section. Pay attention, stop arguing, and stop posting again. You obviously still don't understand how things work around here. It's simple, there are places for off topic, sarcastic, or otherwise dumb posts. There are places where more serious discussion is encouraged. If you want to cry, take it to the kitchen where stupid posts are encouraged.

"I also have r134a..." "I have cases for sale with no price listing or anything..."