Datsun Z guys?

Diamonds

I am contemplating my new project.

I think I want to put together an LS1 240Z.

there was a guy on here named Chris Myers who had the orange Z at C&C late last year. he knew a couple of good forums where the classifieds wer eplentiful with both cars and car parts. Does anyone have his contact info or username on here?

Also, any other Z nuts feel free to chime in. I'm looking to pickup a Z in the next month. What should i look for when i go to look at one? frame rot? suspension problems, etc?

It's a 280, but still pretty sweet imo

http://www.mautofied.com/1977-Datsun-280-Z_Muscle-Cars/listing/100393824/

http://images.mautofied.com/adphotos/10112343_2011510195433.jpg

NEED THIS GONE A.S.A.P.

Alright this is a custom 280Z that has a 350 Chevy Smallblock under the hood!!!

This has been a long term project of mine, its 95% finished! All she needs is headers, exhaust, glass, and fluids. She'll be ready to go!!! This car has a full body kit and completely custom, one off, Rear end!! NO 280Z rear end looks like this one.

The dark gray and black really pop on this 280Z, the interior is all black and has a really nice set of Black leather racing seats.

If you have any questions feel free to call or text DAVE at (937) 308-7857

Try to find a 280Z if possible (Don't confuse it with that abortion of a car the 280ZX). They had the beefiest body and the most rust defense. The 240/260/280 are all pretty much the same body design, but there were improvements aside from just the displacement of the motors between each model.

Great chassis, lots of parts available. I am partially in the market, but just a tough time in life to get a project on it's feet.

Rust is a biggie, otherwise depending on what you are doing with it some things won't matter. I know mine will have very little interior so torn up seats and carpet don't matter to me.

I want a 510 like a fat kid wants a cupcake :masturboy:

Same here but they are few and far between around here. I've found some clean rolling chassis in California for decent prices.

Same here but they are few and far between around here. I've found some clean rolling chassis in California for decent prices.

That's where I'm living now, found a nice 2 door 510 with sr already in tons of small stuff done for 5500 , had new paint and nice old school ssr wheels. I waited one weekend and it sold already. Thing was rock solid.

sub2k to get the car itself.

You might want to spend more to get a clean chassis. I've had a couple of Datsuns, a '72 240z and '76 280z. Some common rust spots: frame rails, under battery, floors, and spare tire area.

There is a huge datsun following here in socal, if you find an out of state ca car near my area I'm willing to go check it out for you and get pics ect. I'm off for 4 more weeks so I have tons of freetime.

If I remember correctly (too lazy to wiki it) weren't datsuns mainly shipped to Oregon and California ports?

If I remember correctly (too lazy to wiki it) weren't datsuns mainly shipped to Oregon and California ports?

Yeah I think all the older imported cars started life in from the long beach port. All the nice datsuns I've been looking at are from ca,or,wa state. A lot of the older classic cars in california still sport the org blue tags! I'm really excited on picking up an old datsun.

Driftking id prolly look into spending more for a nice body. A rust free z in ohio would prolly be rare.