Color Sanding and repolishing an entire car? Where?

Diamonds

Well,

I've noticed a lot of little scratches in my new car and I think i want to get the whole thing color sanded, airbrush touch-ups, and repolished.

Who is good at this? I'm a little skeptical.

I want a good job at a fair price. Anyone on here do it?

Well, I originally thought andy but alot of the scratches are deeper (but not too deep).

I wasn't aware that he color sanded... does he? ( i guess i could ask him myself).

I'd also probably want to look into someone that airbrushes too....

I just did my Z, but it was the first time and there are still a couple of funny areas. Even if I knew I could do a perfect job, that is not something I want to do again for a long, long time.

I just did my Z, but it was the first time and there are still a couple of funny areas. Even if I knew I could do a perfect job, that is not something I want to do again for a long, long time.

I saw his car at C&C after he did it. It was so smooth you'd swear it was teflon with oil on it :) Awesome color! Nicely done job on the wet sanding.

my concern was that Andy has not airbrushed before.

also, there are some deeper scratches that may need to be colorsanded (more than just wetsanding). Im also looking for someone that can really work some of the deep areas.

Either way, i will talk with Andy. I do know him decently well.

But, if it turns out he thinks the job might be more extensive. who else is good/reasonable.

I wasn't aware that he color sanded... does he? ( i guess i could ask him myself).

too....

My sources tell me yes.

I don't airbrush though just standard touch up. A lot of those trunk scratches will come out if we sand the trunk but not all of them.

Andy

also, there are some deeper scratches that may need to be colorsanded (more than just wetsanding).

Colorsanding = Wetsanding. Color sanding was an old term used with single staged paint where you were literally sanding the color layer. On clear coated cars you only want to sand the clear so the term didn't really fit anymore. If you get to the color layer you've gone through the clear and your screwed

Call me, you can come over one night and we'll dick with the trunk lid over a smoke and see if you like the results before you look for someone to airbrush it for you.

Cant beat it, you name the night, ill bring the smokes!

and to clear up any miscomm. I stopped by a dent doctor to see about popping2 dents and he scared me into a "you cant just detail this car to fix it" scpeil...... and he tried to convince me it needed a shit ton of special shit he did... so i got scared. I never doubted you. i jsut didnt know you went as in depth as you do.

you would be surprised what some 2500-3000 wetsanding/buff will do. will make a huge difference on all the swirl marks and surface scratches

I support this notion. I've used 2000 grit when doing some touch ups on my winter wheels with good results.

Cant beat it, you name the night, ill bring the smokes!

and to clear up any miscomm. I stopped by a dent doctor to see about popping2 dents and he scared me into a "you cant just detail this car to fix it" scpeil...... and he tried to convince me it needed a shit ton of special shit he did... so i got scared. I never doubted you. i jsut didnt know you went as in depth as you do.

awwweeee...want to hug it out? :D

After seeing it I don't think he's totally out of line, it's his job to try to sell you a bunch of stuff and most of those places do a pretty good job of spot fixes.