96 cobra smoke issue

nuttinfas

SO I have a 96 cobra with heads, cam, and.charger on it. When I start the car up it has white smoke out the tail pipes and a little at wot. I took two plugs wirs out and noticed oil going going down the spark plug wall and a little around the plug itself. My question is could this cause the smoke. I knoe the valve covers.have little gaskets around each plug and im pretty sure that is where the oil is from. If anyone thinks this is the issue who would wana replace them for me and how much. Ill get the parts. Tounsley ford sells them for 10% over cost.

White smoke sounds more like coolant then oil, oil usually has a blueish tint to it. Don't know whats common on those cars, but is your charger water cooled? Might be a place to start, or you're pushing water, but what do I know?

SO I have a 96 cobra with heads, cam, and.charger on it. When I start the car up it has white smoke out the tail pipes

Is the white smoke more prevelant after a prolonged period of inactivity (I.E. letting it sit overnight). Or does it smoke every time you fire it up, no matter the duration of rest.

Have you checked your coolant level recently?

I've always been told that oil burns either blue, or light black.

From my experience with N* I can tell you white exhaust is almost always due to vaporized coolant mixed with combustion gasses.

Feel free to challenge/correct me.

• 3 weeks later...
I started to work on the car a little. I took the upper intake off and found oil in lower intake. I took the plug wire off and found oil in the drivers side spark plugs. It was up to about the socket part of the sparkplug. Any ideas? I was gonna do an imrc delete and check out the gaskets while I was in there

I started to work on the car a little. I took the upper intake off and found oil in lower intake. I took the plug wire off and found oil in the drivers side spark plugs. It was up to about the socket part of the sparkplug. Any ideas? I was gonna do an imrc delete and check out the gaskets while I was in there

K. Got the lower Intake off. Im gonna take the blades off the imrc. I have oil on the passenger side lower imrc gasket pretty bad. I looked at the valves and the two cylinder valves that are closed have oil sitting on the tops of the valve. Of course I can only see 8 per head. If its oil from the heads does that mean valve seals? This couls be a gas oil combo from the injectors also. Im just looking for some ideas here.

Hopefully this makes some since.