In DESPERATE need of a compressor, can't move vehicle to you

Veritas

I live down near the grove city area (corner of demorest and alkire rd, alkire glen apartments) and need use of a compressor if someone would be so kind as to please let me use to just bolt in my studs for me rear driverside wheel. Thursday night my tire flew off the car after the studs broke off from someone loosening my lugnuts so now that I've got the old studs out, I need the power of a compressor to get the new ones in there and no, I can't screw them through myself trust me I tried and now they won't move anymore.

I have 3 dollars to my name until next week, a one year old and a fiancee` and we are completely stranded. If someone would please help I would kick you cash next week but I am completely strapped right now until tuesday.

My number is 614-594-9197, text or call I answer either or and my name is Terron. Thanks.

• Downvote 1

put the stud in an tighten the lug not on it and it will pull the stud the rest of the way.

And not trying to be a dick but you have a rx7 and a gt but you only have three bucks to your name? sounds like you need to invest your money elsewhere but i really do hope that my info above helps you out so you are not stuck

• Downvote 1

No, I don't have the rx-7 anymore, i'm a fulltime student as well as the woman is and now helping my fiancee`'s family for bills and random crap as well as juggling trying to get another vehicle on top of random medical bills. The GT is the woman's car that was given to her after someone totaled our honda civic ex four door a few years ago and didn't have enough insurance to cover the cost of our vehicle and we had liability that wouldn't cover the cost of what we needed for a new vehicle. Her father gave her that and she can't sell or get rid of it as it's an heirloom... thing.

Next time you decide to open your mouth steve get a bit of back history on what the fuck you're talking about and any blind idiot would be able to tell you'd do what you said but it wouldn't be helpful because you would then get the lug either messed up thread wise or it too stuck onto the hub to pull it off by hand.

Anyways its either an impact gun I need that has better lbs/tq on it than the one I was using earlier (13 or so gallon tank with an inexpensive gun) or if there's a tool normal people can get to thread through these things, something like that.

I couldn't think of impact gun to save my life.

Can't help as I don't have the tools, but as a side note, you best find who did that to you and resolve the issue.

I am going to be putting the car in the garage all the time now, I wouldn't before as it was just easier to get going for class in the morning but yes, trust I'll be quite a bit more watchful about that stuff as well getting complete lock lugs with the type you have to have a small weird bolt to fit in to the lugnut.

Also I wanted to thank whomever Sean/Shawn was who called me earlier too because they had offered to drive out and help me out as well when one of my friends from childhood who lives down the road told me he had an air compressor.

Thanks man.

No, I don't have the rx-7 anymore, i'm a fulltime student as well as the woman is and now helping my fiancee`'s family for bills and random crap as well as juggling trying to get another vehicle on top of random medical bills. The GT is the woman's car that was given to her after someone totaled our honda civic ex four door a few years ago and didn't have enough insurance to cover the cost of our vehicle and we had liability that wouldn't cover the cost of what we needed for a new vehicle. Her father gave her that and she can't sell or get rid of it as it's an heirloom... thing.

Next time you decide to open your mouth steve get a bit of back history on what the fuck you're talking about and any blind idiot would be able to tell you'd do what you said but it wouldn't be helpful because you would then get the lug either messed up thread wise or it too stuck onto the hub to pull it off by hand.

Anyways its either an impact gun I need that has better lbs/tq on it than the one I was using earlier (13 or so gallon tank with an inexpensive gun) or if there's a tool normal people can get to thread through these things, something like that.

I couldn't think of impact gun to save my life.

um lets see and one with mechanical knowledge can see if you place the stud in the whole tighten the lug nut with your wrench and it will pull the stud through. then take same wrench and take the lug nut off. Wow no threads damaged and the stud is not pressed back into the hub...

Again maybe you should read and think before getting defensive. O and how do I know thins works because I just ahd to do it last week and somehow managed to do it with no air tools in less than 5 minutes.

And since you want to get into a e-battle wich I personally think is just stupid how did you come to the conclution that someone lossened your lug nuts randomly? anyway I dont really even care for a answer and will not even read anything else posted in this thread just do what I told you it will work with no air needed and you can either thank me later or get even more pissed off and not listen and then post back in here tell me to go fuck off :)

But I will be the first to tell you early happy fathers day

I'm not ebattling, I don't do that shit. If you read this or not, its up to you but you came off as being super judgemental out of... nowhere and you don't know me, my situation nor have you even been apart of this board long enough to draw any conclusions on what the hell you were saying. I'm glad it only took you five minutes to do, it takes five minutes just to get these worked through.

There are so many things wrong with what you said I can't even get into it, but I'll just leave it be by stating I didn't appreciate what you said and there was no defense - you just said some assholeish things out of the blue for zero reason and got called on it.

Thanks for the father's day well wishing though.

Again maybe you should read and think before getting defensive.

And since you want to get into a e-battle wich I personally think is just stupid how did you come to the conclution that someone lossened your lug nuts randomly?

But I will be the first to tell you early happy fathers day

I'm not ebattling, I don't do that shit. There are so many things wrong with what you said I can't even get into it. Thanks for the father's day well wishing though.

I'll buy you both the beer and pizza to just get the hell together, kiss and make up and spend 20 minutes trying Steve's suggestion out. If it works, great, if not, Pizza, Beer, a bit of ball busting and comrades in arms.

Save me a beer and a slice.

It's already been tried, that's what I was doing this entire afternoon/evening/morning near 11. Getting off the rotor was problematic first because of the bent studs then getting the new ones in have been a fight all on their own.

I'm not sure which are you're talking about or how it's set up, but when I replaced several studs in my Lumina I cut them off, bought new studs and got 3-4 thick washers, put the washers on and the lugnut over top of it and tightened down until it was flush with the hub.

I'd also look around for a cordless impact if no one has a compressor.

I'd love to help, but I got a 20 gallon compressor and I'd rather not move it.

I'm not sure which are you're talking about or how it's set up, but when I replaced several studs in my Lumina I cut them off, bought new studs and got 3-4 thick washers, put the washers on and the lugnut over top of it and tightened down until it was flush with the hub.

I'd also look around for a cordless impact if no one has a compressor.

I'd love to help, but I got a 20 gallon compressor and I'd rather not move it.

That worked but only with the impact gun from her mom today, i don't know why it was so ridiculously difficult to do. She had to bring her 20 gallon craftsman tank up with her ingallsrand impact gun for me to use and I got it done in just a few minutes.

Now i'm putting on the brakes and the job will be finished, thanks for the help/suggestions everyone who contributed.

Glad you got this done. If at times you can't get it like that if you use a open lug nut with a pair of vice grips to hold the lug still as you try to turn it. Otherwise you need a hammer and a punch to get it started and finish with the lug and wheel trick. Key is to be smooth and not bounce on the bar if doing it by hand. Maybe next time that might help.