Z-06 Mid Ohio Prep

AI Coupe

Just picked up a 03 405HP Z-06 and plan to do a NASA Mid Ohio weekend in July.

I'm looking for someone familiar with pads, hi temp brake fluid, tire air pressure and exactly how to use the "active handling" settings on track.

I have plenty of time on track with my AI car but not with this new bird.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

Just picked up a 03 405HP Z-06 and plan to do a NASA Mid Ohio weekend in July.

I'm looking for someone familiar with pads, hi temp brake fluid, tire air pressure and exactly how to use the "active handling" settings on track.

I have plenty of time on track with my AI car but not with this new bird.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

Any engine mods done to the car or is it still stock?

We keep almost all the Pfadt Suspension parts (Coilovers / Sways / Etc) in stock as well as ATE "Super Blue" fluid and a full line of Carbotech Race pads. Stainless lines we keep in stock for the C6 / Camaro / CTS-V's but I will check on your C5Z.

Personally, I would run it on stock suspension first to see what you think and then upgrade accordingly. Or, you could just lower it on stock bolts for a lower center-of-gravity to save from having to buy any parts. If the stock rotors are good now keep them and just add Carbotech XP10's up front and XP8's on the rear if you on street tires. Race tires I would bump to XP12's up front and 10's in the back.

Good lines / pads / fluids and you should be ready to roll :)

Jeff

the active handling kicks in only when its needed. on a track i only kept it on when it was raining in competive drive mode. in the dry i never had it kick in.

i liked 27 psi in my tires, you'll have to play with the pressures depending on what tires you have. if they are the stock goodyear run flats just stick with 30 psi since they are total junk.

ate is good or wilwood extream 600. i've used both and liked both. wilwood you can get at jegs ate you can get from ips.

lowered on the bolts with an agressive alignment is a good start. i ran T1 sway bars on mine as the first upgrade.

Thanks Jeff. I'll be giving you a call.

MrA, Tko and AJ thanks for the info. I wasn't thinking I had much to do based on what I see on the street with this power, just didn't want to run into any problems once I got there.

AJ, I know you had a Z-06, but the last Corvette I had was a '71 350 / 350 and before that a '68 427 tri power 425hp that I thought were fast.

This thing is unreal! Nice car. Can't wait to get to the back straight at probably 160.

Thanks again.

Ron

This thing is unreal! Nice car. Can't wait to get to the back straight at probably 160.

at mid ohio you'll be in the high 130's maybe 140's from what friends with c5z's have said they run.

a friend of mine with his z on slicks and t1 sway bars runs 1:39 around there. he is an ok driver but doesn't push really hard since he has to drive that car home.