DSM/EVO guys..

dover

evo's dont crankwalk. They have xcase and rear diff problems. And thats not all of them. The cars are easily to make power with and there is nothing special about a evo motor when compared to a dsm.

The read diffs are assembled wrong from the factory. Every single usdm rear diff is wrong. Take it apart and put it back together per the book,... Problem solved.

The transfer cases go because people don't preload the drivetrain before launching.

You'll be happy with an Evo. I miss mine all the time. I will have another one as soon as I find a good enough deal. The market on these cars is WAY up over the past year, for whatever reason.

Get an 8, take it to Buschur and have him build the bottom end, throw a FP black turbo, and supporting mods on it and be done. Best all around setup you can have.

The read diffs are assembled wrong from the factory. Every single usdm rear diff is wrong. Take it apart and put it back together per the book,... Problem solved.

The transfer cases go because people don't preload the drivetrain before launching.

You'll be happy with an Evo. I miss mine all the time. I will have another one as soon as I find a good enough deal. The market on these cars is WAY up over the past year, for whatever reason.

Get an 8, take it to Buschur and have him build the bottom end, throw a FP black turbo, and supporting mods on it and be done. Best all around setup you can have.

no need to build the bottom, 350-500whp is enough to rally through someones front yard... :gabe:

no need to build the bottom, 350-500whp is enough to rally through someones front yard... :gabe:

Meh...

Define need...

The core value of a good evo block and crank warrant taking the precautionary step.

A daily sees too many variables in terms of fuel, temperature, altitude etc. So you either tune the car really safe, or you throw a built bottom end in and never worry about it.

The factory rods and pistons suck anyways.

I know of a lot of evos that went really fast on stock blocks.... Shortly before creating holes in them.