Anyone else take CFD's written test?

Sturg1647545502

I sat down with the CFD Bomb Squad and signed up for the exam process before deploying. From what they're telling my dad (whose been communicating with the civil service folks on my behalf) that they're trying to line up another round of testing in the fall for others in my situation. If all goes as planned, I'll be able to EAS, complete the academy, and then chop over to the Bomb Squad.

I sat down with the CFD Bomb Squad and signed up for the exam process before deploying. From what they're telling my dad (whose been communicating with the civil service folks on my behalf) that they're trying to line up another round of testing in the fall for others in my situation. If all goes as planned, I'll be able to EAS, complete the academy, and then chop over to the Bomb Squad.

Damn dude, you're living my dream.

I got to do a couple classes put on by the center for defense preparedness, one of which was the Incident Response to Terrorist's Bombings at New Mexico Tech. We did everything from c4 and pipe bombs up to 500lbs of AN/FO in the trunk of a car. Small potatoes i'm sure to what you're used to, but since then its been my distance goal once on a FD on my choosing is to get involved with their bomb squad. It was a really great course and coupled with the other courses i've taken, i'm hooked.

I cant find my picture, but here's one i pulled off the net from the same vantage point and what appears to be a similar range. It looks less than 500lbs, but what eva

Ive googled some of the XXXX ton shots EODs put up on youtube....impressive shit.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/112/new20mexico20bomb20scho.jpg

I've only done a couple of 1000+ lbs demo shots, but they certainly are impressive. The bulk of our work stateside revolves around training, both ourselves and other Marines, for the IED threat in country. Other than that, we conduct a lot of range sweeps for UXO, we inert ordnance for training libraries, and respond to bomb threats on and off base. When we're deployed, however, actually defeating IEDs takes up most of our time, as do post blast analysis (PBA).