weight lifting chains

SPL_Josh

Where can I buy these locally. I know lexen xtreme has some on their website. Just looking to find some cheaper.

Looking for:

2 5' 40lb chains

2 5' 60lb chains

Whatever the link sizes would be 5/8 or whatever...

tia

Build them from Home Depot or Lowes. We did that for our gym and they were fine. Make sure the length is right by allowing for adjustment (a bolt or carabiner).

I'll check my garage tomorrow and if I have any links left, you're welcome to them. I should ask, are you at a level where chains are going to be useful for you? Do you compete? Raw or equipped? What are your numbers? Where are your weak points? Equipped training is my specialty so I'd be happy to throw out some unsolicited advice.

Build them from Home Depot or Lowes. We did that for our gym and they were fine. Make sure the length is right by allowing for adjustment (a bolt or carabiner).

I'll check my garage tomorrow and if I have any links left, you're welcome to them. I should ask, are you at a level where chains are going to be useful for you? Do you compete? Raw or equipped? What are your numbers? Where are your weak points? Equipped training is my specialty so I'd be happy to throw out some unsolicited advice.

First meet is July 9th.

181 weight class -shoukd weight in at the top 197.

push pull.

bench is weak everywhere deadlift is weak on lockout (therefore chains) my gym already has 2 22lb chains just looking to get more.

Gonna Max bench tomorrow hoping for 265-275

Max deadlift is 500.

Amateur class-- obviously with the numbers clean and raw.

First meet is July 9th.

push pull.

bench is weak everywhere deadlift is weak on lockout (therefore chains) my gym already has 2 22lb chains just looking to get more.

Max deadlift is 500.

Do you train/compete raw? 181 was my class for years, I loved it. If you don't train with anyone very experienced, I'd be happy to offer my assistance if you want it.

I'll PM you about the chains tomorrow. I don't know what I have left, but there are some out there. Like I said, you're welcome to whatever I have.

Do you train/compete raw? 181 was my class for years, I loved it. If you don't train with anyone very experienced, I'd be happy to offer my assistance if you want it.

I'll PM you about the chains tomorrow. I don't know what I have left, but there are some out there. Like I said, you're welcome to whatever I have.

As far as assistance, any help is greatly appreciated.

I know my strength can greatly improve. I've been stronger (overcoming a should injury with 70 bodyweight loss)

I'm training a bodybuilding split and lift style. Although--Bench/DL/squat using bill stars 5x5 method and followed by 5/3/1

After this meet I'm switching to my old powerlifting split. (Westside based Max effort and speed days)

As far as assistance, any help is greatly appreciated.

I know my strength can greatly improve. I've been stronger (overcoming a should injury with 70 bodyweight loss)

I'm training a bodybuilding split and lift style. Bench/DL/squat using bill stars 5x5 method and followed by 5/3/1

After this meet I'm switching to my old powerlifting split. (Westside Max effort and speed days)

PM sent.

you cant buy chains this thick at home depot or the likes

http://www.youtube.com/user/smokinHawkjh?feature=mhee#p/u/33/M8QsCklOJ04

i bought them at iron woodys and had them shipped, they were pretty cheap back then but they dont carry chains any more.

First meet is July 9th.

push pull.

Max deadlift is 500.

Amateur class-- obviously with the numbers clean and raw.

are you saying you are going to cut weight from 197 to 181 or are you thinking that you will be in the 181lb class weighing 197? (if you weigh over 181 you will be in the 198lb class)

I would not cut 16lbs your first meet, very difficult to do at that weight, you wont lift for shizzle.

what meet are you doing?

I am going to start training at the Dogg pound, trying to get ready for the SPF pro/am in august, shooting for a 1900lb total in my gear.

i bought them at iron woodys and had them shipped, they were pretty cheap back then but they dont carry chains any more.

are you saying you are going to cut weight from 197 to 181 or are you thinking that you will be in the 181lb class weighing 197? (if you weigh over 181 you will be in the 198lb class)

I would not cut 16lbs your first meet, very difficult to do at that weight, you wont lift for shizzle.

what meet are you doing?

I am going to start training at the Dogg pound, trying to get ready for the SPF pro/am in august, shooting for a 1900lb total in my gear.

All I saw were red lights in that video. Keep your ass on the bench :gabe:

what meet are you doing?

I'm not cutting to 181. I "assumed" the class was from 181-197. Then the 198 class progresses the same way.....never did any sports with having to deal with weight classes so my McSteak. So I guess 198 class lol

All I saw were red lights in that video. Keep your ass on the bench :gabe:

:no:

I'm not cutting to 181. I "assumed" the class was from 181-197. Then the 198 class progresses the same way.....never did any sports with having to deal with weight classes so my McSteak. So I guess 198 class lol

What are the weight classes btw and their typical strengh levels.... Never competed but fairly strong for my weight...

:no:

What are the weight classes btw and their typical strengh levels.... Never competed but fairly strong for my weight...

You never know whos going to show up to a meet. Its hard to judge what strength levels are within each class.

You have normal people and then you could have someone like myself. :fuckyeah:

You never know whos going to show up to a meet. Its hard to judge what strength levels are within each class.

You have normal people and then you could have someone like myself. :fuckyeah:

and when was the last time you lifted big weight? :lolguy:

weight classes are like

308+ super heavy weight

lift against your self, there will always be someone stronger. It is more important that you beat yourself.

to give you an idea of the 165lb class i set the drug free, raw total in NASA with a 468lb squat, 364lb bench and 568lb deadlift, also took the single lift in the bench and deadlift, but not the squat. I did this last spring.

and when was the last time you lifted big weight? :lolguy:

weight classes are like

308+ super heavy weight

lift against your self, there will always be someone stronger. It is more important that you beat yourself.

to give you an idea of the 165lb class i set the drug free, raw total in NASA with a 468lb squat, 364lb bench and 568lb deadlift, also took the single lift in the bench and deadlift, but not the squat. I did this last spring.

I could do all those lifts within 1 month of training. You are strong but you are no genetic freak or prodigy. :dumb:

I can still rep out 315 for sets of 10 on bench and i havent lifted in a while.