Taste Tester

zeitgeist57

We have been asked to source candidates for the following position – if you know anyone interested, let me know – Thanks!

Taste Test Panelists Needed for Dublin Company

XXXXX has a unique and exciting opportunity for candidates seeking part time work. This is a rare opportunity to work with a well known Columbus company, in a research and development capacity. In this role, you would be part of a highly trained group of individuals who learn to evaluate and describe the aromas, flavors and textures of a variety of food products, such as chicken sandwiches, french fries and hamburgers. This is a part-time job with a minimum commitment of at least 2-years.

There is a 6 month training program for which you will be paid, requiring attendance 3 to 4 days a week and 3 hours per day. Hours required are 9:00 am to 1:00 pm during training. Once you pass the 6 month training program and become a trained DA panel member, you will be expected to be available for panel sessions 3 times a week, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, on an on-going basis, regardless of holidays or school schedules. Personal vacation time (unpaid) will be allowed with prior approval.

The position location will be in Dublin. You are expected to have your own reliable transportation. It is a policy of the client not to allow children on-site, thus you will need to make any necessary childcare arrangements on a year-round basis.

Once trained, this position will pay $12/hour.

Availability Requirements:

Minimum commitment of 2 years (ideally, they would like to retain a panelist for 7 – 8 years)

On going, part time availability between the hours of 9am - 1pm, Monday - Friday

Availability to attend all training sessions beginning in August 2011 through March 2012

Other pertinent information:

· The pay for the first 6 months is $10/hour and beyond the 6 month training it is $12/hour. On average they are working 9 -12 hours per week. This being said, we are not looking for people who are concerned about making a lot of money.

· The current panel consists of people that fall under these categories: “Stay at Home” parent seeking time away from home or extra spending money, recent retirees, small business owner or self employed with the ability to make their own schedule and second shift employee seeking an opportunity to earn extra spending money.

· We will be screening all applicants for a variety of things, but please know that anyone who smokes or lives with a smoker is immediately disqualified.

I have a serious interest in this, but.. i cant even imagine how you focus a resume for this.

This seems right up my ally, but i have no experience in this.

Do they do training for people who have never done this before?

As I'm finding out with a lot of larger companies these days, for certain positions it's almost more important to have people that the company can trust will stay in the role for the timeframe allotted. I've talked to recent hires where I work, and while the experience isn't in question, company loyalty is: training costs time and money to a company, and reduces productivity. If you're a solid person with good work background and are eager for this role, that will go a long way.

If they mention a two-year commitment in the job description, I think they are more serious about stable Central Ohioans that don't have a desire to move to the next job making $1/hr more, or looking to move out of the area at first opportunity.

• 3 weeks later...
They used to have a group of people that they pulled from, are they no longer doing that? Or is this in addition? I was one of the people they called.

I used to do that when I was still in school. Everyone month or so they'd email me and I'd go in for about 20 minutes. They give you whatever it is you are testing (once I got to try the breakfast stuff before it was out in the restaurants), answer some questions on a computer, and walk out with $20. Obviously this is a lot more commitment though.