Manually tightened acessories belts?

Trouble Maker

I go with the "strum" method, strum the belt like a guitar string, if it hits some insanely high note it's too tight.

Strum method, not for the tone deaf.

i thought you were more of the "gutentight" methodology. i had you pegged wrong.

http://www.toolsource.com/prod_medium/95351a.jpg

This, 30-45 degrees is the right tension. And its cheaper than buying a gauge.

You can do it either way. I prefer to be more exact, others like to twist.

I agree with the gauge. You can always borrow one from Autozone, etc. Give yourself the piece of mind knowing that you're not prematurely wearing out your belts and more importantly, your pulleys, your alternator, etc. Or, too little and your belts are slipping and you WILL NOT always know they are slipping. They don't always squeal.

Sure, you can get a feel for them once you've done them a few tiems or used a gauge, but it sounds like you're not exactly comfortable with that.

I agree with the gauge. You can always borrow one from Autozone, etc. Give yourself the piece of mind knowing that you're not prematurely wearing out your belts and more importantly, your pulleys, your alternator, etc. Or, too little and your belts are slipping and you WILL NOT always know they are slipping. They don't always squeal.

Sure, you can get a feel for them once you've done them a few tiems or used a gauge, but it sounds like you're not exactly comfortable with that.

He has not made another post in this thread how do you deduce he is not comfortable with it?

He has not made another post in this thread how do you deduce he is not comfortable with it?

Firstly, this was your contribution?

Secondly, though he never came out and said it, if he's in here asking about how to handle it, he's not comfortable at this point taking it on with only his current "manual belt adjusting" limited knowledge.

It wasn't a slight towards him, nor was it even the point of this thread or my post. Completely irrelevant, thus my wonderment at your post. Im sorry if you felt his ass needed protecting, so, I'm going to be a smartass, now.. but with better punctuation. lol

He has not made another post in this thread. How do you deduce he needs defending? ;)

Firstly, this was your contribution?

Secondly, though he never came out and said it, if he's in here asking about how to handle it, he's not comfortable at this point taking it on with only his current "manual belt adjusting" limited knowledge.

It wasn't a slight towards him, nor was it even the point of this thread or my post. Completely irrelevant, thus my wonderment at your post. Im sorry if you felt his ass needed protecting, so, I'm going to be a smartass, now.. but with better punctuation. lol

He has not made another post in this thread. How do you deduce he needs defending? ;)

So your attack was at my punctuation? That's it? You don't get out much do you?

Since he got the info that he asked for I won't clutter his thread up anymore. And believe me Jesse does not need defending at all. I was just annoyed by your assumption. But you stay classy and worry about all those bastard and orphaned commas and periods out there. I hope you find homes for them all, as it must be a full time job to care so much about something so trivial. What would the internet be without you? A run on sentence!!

So your attack was at my punctuation? That's it? You don't get out much do you?

Since he got the info that he asked for I won't clutter his thread up anymore. And believe me Jesse does not need defending at all. I was just annoyed by your assumption. But you stay classy and worry about all those bastard and orphaned commas and periods out there. I hope you find homes for them all, as it must be a full time job to care so much about something so trivial. What would the internet be without you? A run on sentence!!

The punctuation thing is the only thing you got from it? Wow, your reading comprehension is atrocious. At first, I was joking. Now, I'm not. You're behaving like an idiot. Therefore, me trying to explain this to you is a waste of time. So, I'll just call it like I see it and leave it at that.