1998 neon, fump pump dead....I think

Browning

After about an hour trip think started falling on its face when the pedal was pushed. I was able to feather it for about 50 yards or so then it died completely. Will start up, but either idles for a few seconds then dies or idles rough as shit for a little longer then dies. Giving it gas kills it but sometimes you can rev it a bit but it sounds very bogged down.

Performed the key dance and came back with two codes.

Code 32 = EGR valve(been on for a couple of weeks and goes off randomly)

Code 42 = Fuel pump relay control ckt, Auto shutdown relay control ckt, No ASD relay output voltage at PCM, Fuel level sending unit volts out of range, Fuel level unit No change over miles

So either the fuel pump relay or the pump itself, right? If it were the relay, wouldn't it either stay running or die instantly? I'm thinking it has to be the pump but until I get a pressure gauge, I'm playing the guessing game.

Is there any way at all the egr valve could cause this?

edit-It just got home and it's running good, wtf

Decided to just swap out the fuel pump relay with the starter relay. Removed the EGR valve and soaked it in a can of seafoam. The little tube on the side of it was completely clogged with carbon. The top little needle valve wasn't. Put it together and no codes at all. Took it for a few mile cruise and it seems to be running good. Still no codes.