So, the new motor is DONE!

Got the call the other day, and I wanted to make sure it was on the way before I made the announcements, but the new ERL powerplant is on its way to the shop right now and should be going in the car next week!

We will be getting the car ready for tuning passes and should be out at Norwalk testing soon.

The next planned race is August 5th at Milan for the points series (I am currenlty 4th in points) and after that will be September 2nd for the next Milan points race and then the NMCA LSX Race will be September 9-11 in Bowling Green KY (Currently 1st in points)

The new engine is:

ERL Superdeck 427 aluminum block (125lbs lighter than current block)

(partially filled so no more street driving after this change :( )

All Pro Heads with Jesel Rockers

Callies Dragonslayer Crank

Callies Rods

Weisco Pistons

10.2:1 Compression

Allpro 4500 Cast intake

Todd Berry Elbow

Accufab 105mm TB

Solid Roller cam (engine is setup to spin to 8800)

106mm Billet Wheel Garret Turbo

This motor has gone low 7's at nearly 200mph in a 3300lb Camaro and has been improved fromt that setup for this year.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we didn't really drive it that much on the streets anyway... I will still have the "street" motor as well, but really my goals required a more agressive setup.

As for the engine builder, I guess they just had too many customers in front of me...

Well, we didn't really drive it that much on the streets anyway... I will still have the "street" motor as well, but really my goals required a more agressive setup.

As for the engine builder, I guess they just had too many customers in front of me...

Who gives a shit how streetable it is, 7 anything at 200mph is awesome.

Imagine how streetable it will be at 6.xx sec. :gabe:

You the your passion along with Ray and others here have taking the board to a level beyond it's origins. Well done and to be respected. Can't wait to see you cross off the next goal. Welcome to Columbus Atomic Fusion...... I mean Columbus Racing. :)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6004/5958412871_b80656eb55_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6018/5958412511_4e7968ca4f_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6142/5958412273_5637e9b2a3_z.jpg

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6015/5958412089_bd07f76741_z.jpg

Sorry my computer crashed yesterday... I have been using the wife's when I get a chance.

Got the call the other day, and I wanted to make sure it was on the way before I made the announcements, but the new ERL powerplant is on its way to the shop right now and should be going in the car next week!

We will be getting the car ready for tuning passes and should be out at Norwalk testing soon.

The next planned race is August 5th at Milan for the points series (I am currenlty 4th in points) and after that will be September 2nd for the next Milan points race and then the NMCA LSX Race will be September 9-11 in Bowling Green KY (Currently 1st in points)

The new engine is:

ERL Superdeck 427 aluminum block (125lbs lighter than current block)

(partially filled so no more street driving after this change :( )

All Pro Heads with Jesel Rockers

Callies Dragonslayer Crank

Callies Rods

Weisco Pistons

10.2:1 Compression

Allpro 4500 Cast intake

Todd Berry Elbow

Accufab 105mm TB

Solid Roller cam (engine is setup to spin to 8800)

106mm Billet Wheel Garret Turbo

This motor has gone low 7's at nearly 200mph in a 3300lb Camaro and has been improved fromt that setup for this year.

I am surprised you are keeping the car stock.

CR Stock

:gabe:

KillJoy

I have to say I'm sad it won't be streetable anymore. It looks like you're well on your way to what you want out of your car, so that's all the really matters.

I have to say I'm sad it won't be streetable anymore. It looks like you're well on your way to what you want out of your car, so that's all the really matters.

Yes, his car is modified and ACTUALLY runs!

:gabe:

KillJoy

Finally not using those out of the box trick flows good luck man

Hope ya make it

I have never owned any Trick Flow heads... the other motor has custom built LS7 style ETP heads. They actually flow better than the LSX-Race head, but these All Pro heads are even better.

Just out of curiosity, how many passes/seasons do you see out of a motor?

The motor that is in it ran all season last year (roughly 200 passes) and we tore it down over the winter and Livernois said it needed nothing!

Well, I had them do rings and bearings anyway and have run it all season this year with 0 issues. Tomorrow morning it will come out and go on a stand to be my "backup" motor for long haul races.

I've been told 200 passes is about all you should see, then they need to be refreshed, but I believe that it would have been fine to run this season as well.

Tuning is the key, if the motor is tuned properly there shouldn't be any issues.