So, the new motor is DONE!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what's up! Badass setup. What sort of power gains are you expecting out of this and what should that translate into times?

The new motor made 2200rwhp in a different car (one of the Ohio Boy's) with a similar turbo to what I am running, so I am hoping for the same, but anything north of 2000rwhp will get the job done.

If we only get to 2000rwhp with the weight savings we should be running 7.3x@19x, but if it does actually make 2200rwhp we could hit 7.0x-7.1x at 200ish (which would be what we were hoping for this year)

Reguardless, we will be able to go considerably faster than we have been and that is all that matters.

I got to the shop this morning at 6am and we thrashed on it till the motor was out. I almost had them video tape me working on it, since I know many people believe all I do is write checks.

Anyway I will be at the shop all week this coming week to get her ready for the Track rental at Norwalk that we will be attending on Thursday. That should allow us the time we need to tune the car and see what the new setup will do.

Anyway I will be at the shop all week this coming week to get her ready for the Track rental at Norwalk that we will be attending on Thursday. That should allow us the time we need to tune the car and see what the new setup will do.

Mark, who is hosting the Thurs rental?

I don't think all filled would work very well. The coolant passages give some expansion room inside the block. If the block could not expand internally I assume bad things would happen. Unless you were going to tow it to the line, fire it up for the pass, and shut it down at the finish line then I think you have to flow at least some coolant to help get the heat out of the block.

I don't think all filled would work very well. The coolant passages give some expansion room inside the block. If the block could not expand internally I assume bad things would happen. Unless you were going to tow it to the line, fire it up for the pass, and shut it down at the finish line then I think you have to flow at least some coolant to help get the heat out of the block.

This ^^^

Anyways, I'd venture to guess that ERL has a pretty good idea of what will work.