3/22 MEGA picture-post.

Benyen Soljax

AOW i wanted to say i or we appreciated you slowing down to wait for the "slow" or 3rd group behind ya to make sure everyone was ok.. I was keeping a slower pace just so i wouldn't be too far ahead but i really appreciated you slowing down and stopping also when you didnt have to..

No problem. Just didn't want to have anyone get lost or go down w/no one else around. I been there done that and it ain't fun. I ride my bike all year round and was pretty sure the roads were gonna be crappy, but damn!!! Thought I was driving on the beach there was so much sand being kicked up!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. Just didn't want to have anyone get lost or go down w/no one else around. I been there done that and it ain't fun. I ride my bike all year round and was pretty sure the roads were gonna be crappy, but damn!!! Thought I was driving on the beach there was so much sand being kicked up!

lol yea i watched you kick that sand up made me nervous but i was like.. well, if your doing ok then i should be fine lol

Where the flow did you guys go?

That was the 278 from 56 to Nelsonville - 33. It was pretty much all sand, except for the car tire tracks were sort of free of heavy sand. Road sand from Winter. And it had this odd reddish color. Which was probably rust, from all the salt.

That's the road past those old kilns in Nelsonville. The road we took last year, after leaving that Speedway in Nelsonville.

I'm terrible with directions but it was right after the 3rd or 4th stop, we took off right onto 2 sharp hills... anyone catch air on the second hump?! I vaguely remembered it from the last time I was in Hocking, I went airborne over that sucker and it freaked me out but I loved it. This time I was sure to give it a little extra gas and feel that weightlessness again.... awesome.

I just heard tell that many do not know what type of bike that old dude was riding on Sunday (nor who the old dude was);

It be me.

It is a 2002 Honda 919 (CB900F) also known as a Hornet in Europe.

It is a STANDARD, not a cruiser, not a sportbike. (like a Norton Commando, or Kaw1000 old style.)

edit: ok, it can be called a naked sport, or a muscle bike, but the rider position is old school Standard.

It is a Fireblade engine.

picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=2408

Edited by ReconRat

919's are way faster than they look

No kidding, I seldom get to use WOT. Nor even get up into the power band much. It will hold with most of the sport bikes, and even pull on them out of the corners, but will never corner as well. (Not as much ground clearance, and no rear sets.) I hear they do fairly well with rear sets on them. I was not in the mood on Sunday, with the road conditions as they were.

I just heard tell that many do not know what type of bike that old dude was riding on Sunday (nor who the old dude was);

It be me.

It is a 2002 Honda 919 (CB900F) also known as a Hornet in Europe.

It is a STANDARD, not a cruiser, not a sportbike. (like a Norton Commando, or Kaw1000 old style.)

edit: ok, it can be called a naked sport, or a muscle bike, but the rider position is old school Standard.

It is a Fireblade engine.

picture.php?albumid=122&pictureid=2408

Sweet bike. :badgerrock: