2009 609whp Black/Black Auto CTS-V

ohioko4s4

Hey guys,

So I’m considering selling my 2009 auto CTS-V. We are moving to Tiburon, CA in a couple weeks and after thinking about the hassle of shipping, re-tuning for 91, and all the registration headaches, it seems like it may make more sense to just sell the car before we move. I hate to do it because I absolutely LOVE the V as a daily driver, but the thought of commuting into San Francisco with the horrible parking garages, etc., makes me just want to blend in and get a Prius. :nono:

It is in absolutely perfect shape inside and out. No nicks, scratches, or chips anywhere. This is partly due to the fact that I had the entire car wrapped in a 3M cleat bra (except roof). As a result, it is practically maintenance free as far as a black car is concerned. It’s loaded with the exception of Recaro seats. I also added D3 lowering springs, powder coated the OEM wheels in black chrome, and tinted the windows (40%). It currently has approximately 9800 miles.

Patrick Sparks of Quality Motorsports did the engine modifications. In addition to the standard V bolt-ons (using some LPE pieces), we changed the cam, springs, and swapped the rear end to a new 3.73 from the 6-speed. We retained the stock downpipes and exhaust (with a cat delete) so it is still very quiet. It dyno’d 609whp on Andy’s dyno down in Dallas, Tx last fall. It’s been to the drag strip once, running a 10.92 @ 126.5 on its second pass before they stopped me. Oil has been changed 3 times. Factory recall on the rear toe link bolts was completed a few months ago. The only issue I’ve had with the car is the driver’s side magnetic door release was replaced while it was in for the recall. It runs perfect and my wife who occasionally drives it can’t tell it’s not quite stock. :lol:

I’m happy to take some pics and send to anyone who might be interested. I have $18k in mod/appearance receipts. I would sell for $52k for a quick sale. Title in hand.

As a little bonus, below is a short iphone video of me running my friend’s 2011 458 last month from a 40 roll. He shut it down before it got too ugly. :cool:

DOO EET.

Everything has been done properly.

I know you are tired of pedaling that FWD Econobox around. :fuuuu:

I'm waffling in all honesty. I'm just too cheap to part with all that money like that at one time. Not on a car. Flip side, I'll never be a payment kind of guy. We're in route to another family fun get away so I'm off to convince myself vacationing all the time is more fun than wheels. The hard part is we're driving in a minivan as I say that :o

Very nice car, somehow you out-did the S4 for a nice fast daily. GLWS.

California, especially San Francisco... just get a bike. Seriously, I'd get a shit box (barbus) smart car if I were you and only drive it to work, fuck driving/parking in the city. It's a shame there is no mass transit from that area down into the city, even if that would mean BART fucking you in the ass with no lube.

BTW, in case you haven't spent very much time up there. Go take a drive up through Muir woods and just stay on the 1 for as long as you please. You're welcome. :)

Anyways, good luck with everything there.

:D

Very nice car, somehow you out-did the S4 for a nice fast daily. GLWS.

California, especially San Francisco... just get a bike. Seriously, I'd get a shit box (barbus) smart car if I were you and only drive it to work, fuck driving/parking in the city. It's a shame there is no mass transit from that area down into the city, even if that would mean BART fucking you in the ass with no lube.

BTW, in case you haven't spent very much time up there. Go take a drive up through Muir woods and just stay on the 1 for as long as you please. You're welcome. :)

Anyways, good luck with everything there.

Thanks. Wife isn't keen on me getting a bike....and I understand why. :D I can take the ferry in when I'm working in the city, but I just don't want to beat that car up out there.

I've been working in SF for about 10 years, so know the area well.

Damnit Jamie, why couldn't this wait another year. Put a rippin exhaust on it and that would be perfect. How is the finish look with clear bra over the entire car?

You can't tell unless you're up real close....then it just looks like it has more orange peel than typical GM paint. :)

Screw the Prius, buy a FIAT 500 and enjoy life not driving a soulless econobox.

GLWS

I've driven both and the 500 model available today sucks just about as bad....!

I'm waffling in all honesty. I'm just too cheap to part with all that money like that at one time. Not on a car. Flip side, I'll never be a payment kind of guy. We're in route to another family fun get away so I'm off to convince myself vacationing all the time is more fun than wheels. The hard part is we're driving in a minivan as I say that :o

Quit being so cheap and do it.

ctsv can easily fit 3 in the backseat