Where to get Couch Cushions Redone???

KillJoy

THis is a good idea too, if only the pillow stuffing needs replaced

They have the foam for the cushions as well at Jo-Ann. But if I remember correctly it only comes in full couch length pieces and you have to cut it yourself. But thats pretty easy to do. I did this about 7 yrs ago and its still holding up well with kids, dogs, and everything else.

They have the foam for the cushions as well at Jo-Ann. But if I remember correctly it only comes in full couch length pieces and you have to cut it yourself. But thats pretty easy to do. I did this about 7 yrs ago and its still holding up well with kids, dogs, and everything else.

You remember about how much the cushion cost then?

was the stuff you used like this? it was hard to find stuff on jo-ann's website...

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=prd14653

You need high density foam and Joann fabrics does carry it in all kinds od sizes and shapes but it's not cheap although it is cheaper than buying a new piece of furniture. We used to use it in high end car audio builds from time to time.

was the stuff you used like this? it was hard to find stuff on jo-ann's website...

http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=prd14653

Similar to that, but it wasn't rolled up, it was a flat piece and it was green. I think the green stuff was a higher density foam and it was recommended by an employee at the time.

It wasn't too expensive but the couch I re-upholstered was a sofa bed, and I did the entire couch, not just the pillows and seats. It was around $150 for all of the materials, can't tell you how much just the foam was, been a while.

Wife used to work at Jo-Anns. They only sell the green high density foam now, which is used for upholstery. You have to have it cut to size since it is sold by the yard. You can use any of the 40% off coupons as well. In the end, it's probably about as cheap and less hassle just to take your old cushions somewhere and have them redone.