1200hp 4.8L LSx

LS_Sonoma

And my Avalanche just happens to have a very well running 5.3L in it......not that the stock 4L60E could take any real abuse, nor would I want to do this to it anyway. But damn that's a shit ton of power for that motor!

Me too on the 4L60E. May have switch to the Power Glide afterall.

Question for the experts:

Would having a 114 LSA be more beneficial in terms of KR vs. the 112 LSA cam?

This article goes to show that a quality set of heads should be your first mod. The TEA's are no joke. In the words of the late John Lingenfelter:

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power".

I just read the article an hour ago at Barnes and Noble. I planned on posting about it when I got home. I am no way a LS guy before this article. After reading it, I could not have been impressed more.

Hmm, I wonder what my 6.0L will do when I get everything else up to par to handle a bigger turbo with more boost.

That article has been a pretty big topic on performances.net for about a week now.

I seen that. Also because Im a turbo noob, howd they get 26.5 lbs. of boost out of a turbo size that generally is only rated to 800hp ish? With two turbos is the boost compounded, i.e. 13 + 13?

I'm not sure on the twins either, but the way I understand it is, if one is good for 800hp, 2 are good for 1600. The boost # doesn't matter.

Bingo-

Twins = added AIRFLOW

Compound MULTIPLIES PSI, and the overall flow is loosely limited to the size of the larges compressor in the system. (Some have 3+stages)

If your still in a fog-Google it.

I seen that. Also because Im a turbo noob, howd they get 26.5 lbs. of boost out of a turbo size that generally is only rated to 800hp ish? With two turbos is the boost compounded, i.e. 13 + 13?

What they said. With a typical twins setup they would run in parallel, not in series (compounded or staged). It's really easy to think about with a V engine, just split it in half. One turbo runs off of one bank of exhaust and the other runs off of the other bank of exhaust (see the first picture in that article). You would typically combine the cold side outs into one with a y pipe, just to go through the throttle body and into the intake. Sometimes this happens before or after the intercooler(s). There are 2 'usual' setups either running 1 front mount (combine before or 'inside of the intercooler) or 2 side mounts (combine after). With this particular setup they combine the cold side air in the air-water inter-cooler (see page 78 middle of the page on the left picture).

If you think more abstractly about 'half of the engine', each turbo in this setup is basically running off of a 2.4L engine.

Vipers run dual TB's and intakes right? Has anyone every seen a twins setup on those where each turbo feeds 1 TB? I've only ever heard of people running big singles on those... maybe due to space constraints?

Vipers run dual TB's and intakes right? Has anyone every seen a twins setup on those where each turbo feeds 1 TB? I've only ever heard of people running big singles on those... maybe due to space constraints?

Yes- "Y-Pipe" to the TB's

And yes, there is NO fucking room int here for anything. If you have ever seen that motor out of a the car, it s a big sumnabitch.