honeymoon destinations?

SRTurbo04

Well the fiance and I are looking at destinations for our honey moon next year.. it will be november time so it HAS TO BE WARM! haha

Post up where you went and your experiences or where you have been period that would make a great place.

Also any one ever done any of those sandal all inclusive resorts?

Budget?

4 to 5K

We're heading to Montego Bay, Jamaica for ours in Sept. Since we didn't really want gifts from everyone, we just registered for our honeymoon thru AAA.

i really like that place but the women somereason said jamaica is out of the question lol

Sandals, a cruise, Grand Cayman (may be tough on that budget), Isla Roatan. Those would be my suggestions. Each one is super relaxing after the stress of planning and going through a wedding.

Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

I've been to quite a few places around the world, but I don't think I've ever had as much fun anywhere else. The "do whatever you want" aspect of it is great. You can walk out of your hotel room with an alcoholic drink, right onto the beach, into a cab, on the streets, into one bar, and right back out. Weather is amazing, lots of activities like jet skiing, parasailing, booze cruises, etc. The nightlife is amazing. Downtown is one big party and cab rides are cheap especially since they are vans and you will most likely be sharing it with people. There are tons of restaurants there too with AMAZING food.

We did not do the all-inclusive thing, but became friends with some people who had it and they used it to it's fullest and then some. If you're planning on eating and drinking a shitload then it's definitely worth it. We went to Walmart for food and drinks during the day (which kept it cheap), and then at night we spent cash at the bars and nice restaurants so it wouldn't have made sense for us.

http://www.villadelpalmar-cabo.com/

That's the hotel we stayed at.

You all can give me some ideas on a budget too please. We are paying for ours after just buying a house. We want to go someplace but dont want to spend a ton. We were wanting to go to grand canyon but its to mnuch time off work to travel by car. Any ideas?

4 to 5K

i really like that place but the women somereason said jamaica is out of the question lol

Our favorite place is 7 mile beach on Grand Cayman. Should be on everyones Bucket list. We go there every couple years for 7-10 days. British exchange rate makes it pricey on US Citzns. Westin Casuarina resort (hotel points FTW) so without you're looking at $450 night plus an easy $300 day if not more in fun times and food. You'll enjoy it though. Go in Spring for the best times Later is riskier weather wise but cheaper.

There are better values but your mileage will vary. I'm biased as that was our honeymoon spot and still favorite beach location. Scuba and snorkeling there is among the best around.

Cabo San Lucas

Another great place. We stay at the Sheraton Hacienda DelMar. Excellent resort and the area is very safe. You can party downtown, get a world class boat tour and fishing oe race in the dunes along the beach. Haven't been there in a few years but wouldimagineits still fairly safe. Between $350-$450 night for a top notch room/villa.

We just got back from Key West. It was pretty awesome and we went pretty wild with dinners and drinking and everything as well as stayed at one of the nicer hotels. all in all we spent ~$2500 for both of us including airfare. Granted it is considered the "off season" when we went, just be aware that if you are looking for bang for your buck, a honeymoon pieced together yourself may be the way to go. There is no way that you could eat and drink like we did, as well as do things like snorkling and charter fishing for the $2500 total that we spent, at an all inclusive resort.

My wife and I just did six days in Jamaica at a Hilton all-inclusive resort. Very nice place with a couple pools, *right on the ocean, excellent food and friendly staff for about $3000 including airfare. Edited by Fiji ST
*Had to change this.

We just got back from Key West. It was pretty awesome and we went pretty wild with dinners and drinking and everything as well as stayed at one of the nicer hotels. all in all we spent ~$2500 for both of us including airfare. Granted it is considered the "off season" when we went, just be aware that if you are looking for bang for your buck, a honeymoon pieced together yourself may be the way to go. There is no way that you could eat and drink like we did, as well as do things like snorkling and charter fishing for the $2500 total that we spent, at an all inclusive resort.

Are you saying you cant do an all inclusive for $2500? It can be done for sure, and you can eat and drink as much as you want.

Are you saying you cant do an all inclusive for $2500? It can be done for sure, and you can eat and drink as much as you want.

For 2 people including airfare, charter fishing and snorkling? $2500 total.

Our favorite place is 7 mile beach on Grand Cayman. Should be on everyones Bucket list. We go there every couple years for 7-10 days. British exchange rate makes it pricey on US Citzns. Westin Casuarina resort (hotel points FTW) so without you're looking at $450 night plus an easy $300 day if not more in fun times and food. You'll enjoy it though. Go in Spring for the best times Later is riskier weather wise but cheaper.

There are better values but your mileage will vary. I'm biased as that was our honeymoon spot and still favorite beach location. Scuba and snorkeling there is among the best around.

7 mile beach is beautiful. Hell is also really cool to visit.

I think you've got to hit Tabyana beach on Isla Roatan as well.

We went to Oahu and Maui. It was great, if we did it over again, it would have been Maui for all and a day trip to see pearl harbor.

Total was about 6k. Cheaper places are easily found. We did 4star resorts on both islands and a rental car on Maui.

For 2 people including airfare, charter fishing and snorkling? $2500 total.

Mexico can be done for as low as $900 a piece (shitty, and you'd end up in cancun), but comfortably for around $1200/per, including all you can eat, all you can drink, airfare, transfers, etc. Snorkeling can be done off the beach at the resort, not sure on the fishing, didn't attempt.