power steering again.

jeffro

Okay, so this time the hose is fucked up, not the pump itself. The pressure fitting that goes into the top of the power steering pump is spewing fluid so i know what i need to replace.

My concern is this:

The ones from autozone or advance dont have a spot for the pressure switch to hook into. it should look like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OMEGA-70027-Steering-Pressure-Hose-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQfitsZYearQ3a2002Q7cModelQ3aFocusQQhashZitem2562d90239QQitemZ160572179001QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1505wt_1165

but the ones from advance and autozone look like this:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/2002-Ford-Focus/Power-Steering-Pressure-Line-Hose/_/N-jhcotZ8oz1z

wtf do i do.

never ever ever had this much of an issue with any vehicle. fucking focus.

it goes on the line(the nut actually) where it enters the pump. See the white piece in the pic? I think it's a dealer only item. Most times a new line will have one already on it. Your old one had to have one, probably was busted all to hell and fell when you removed the line.

it goes on the line(the nut actually) where it enters the pump. See the white piece in the pic? I think it's a dealer only item. Most times a new line will have one already on it. Your old one had to have one, probably was busted all to hell and fell when you removed the line.

Thats not where it was leaking from.... Its leaking where the hose goes through that nut.

im just going to get a new line tomorrow and everything should be fixed. If not, im driving it over a cliff

Also note in that picture that it looks like there is a black O-ring at the base of the nut that would seal the line/nut area where your claiming it's leaking. What ever is easiest for you....I would give that a shot first though. I can't think of a situation as to why it would leak there other than a sealing problem.