Teenager Job?

Brendon

I have been working at Scrambler Marie's as a table busser for almost two months now, I'm guessing. The people I work with are really chill, but the pay absolutely sucks! I get paid server's pay ($3.70/hr.), plus I get tips which usually are only $20 cash every time I work. I usually get like $32 +/- every time I work. For example, on the busiest day we ever had since I started working there, we had a promotion and I was the only busser who showed up, everyone called off; and it was probably the least money I have ever gotten in tips since I started? The pay is extremely sketchy and the hours are kind of odd and they also only schedule me on weekends for some odd reason? I am trying to work more to begin with. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas where a teenager can work, please give me a shout.

Thanks.

Edited by Brendon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go work for Panera. The pay should be around $7.50+ and the hours are flexible. The work is easy and for the most part there are pretty good associates there. You can get plenty of hours if you want them by covering people's shifts too.

I enjoyed being a lot person at a car dealership. Moving them around, cleaning, and whatnot.

That's a pretty good idea, thanks. Do you which dealerships hire for that and was the pay decent?

McDonalds.

Already tried there man. They won't hire me because I would have to work a deep fryer and they don't want to be liable for anything, lol.

Go work for Panera. The pay should be around $7.50+ and the hours are flexible. The work is easy and for the most part there are pretty good associates there. You can get plenty of hours if you want them by covering people's shifts too.

Awesome, thanks a lot. I never really thought about that, but that's a good option. We also have a Panera right down the street so that ought to work out.

Already tried there man. They won't hire me because I would have to work a deep fryer and they don't want to be liable for anything, lol.

Uhhhh what?

Here's another idea. If you can read and know what basic computer peripherals are and do goto Teleperformance. You'll hate life, but they'll hire just about anyone.

Edited by mrhobbz
idea

Uhhhh what?

Exactly. I gave them a call before I applied at Scrambler's and the manager said "well, I doubt we can hire you because we would be liable for any accidents while using a deep fryer until you're 18" or something gay like that.

Teleperformance - does it suck there or something, lol?

Exactly. I gave them a call before I applied at Scrambler's and the manager said "well, I doubt we can hire you because we would be liable for any accidents while using a deep fryer until you're 18" or something gay like that.

Teleperformance - does it suck there or something, lol?

Teleperformance is the devil but most of their projects start at around $9/hr. It's tech support, tech support blows the company also blows which is why they have such a high turn over. They'd hire monkeys if they could read and speak english though. If you can deal with fat slobs and weirdos who smell of BO and people that smear feces on the walls in the bathroom and "supervisors" that are worthless as all get out then it might be ok for you.

Teleperformance is the devil but most of their projects start at around $9/hr. It's tech support, tech support blows the company also blows which is why they have such a high turn over. They'd hire monkeys if they could read and speak english though. If you can deal with fat slobs and weirdos who smell of BO and people that smear feces on the walls in the bathroom and "supervisors" that are worthless as all get out then it might be ok for you.

Lol, you must hate that place with a passion. :gabe: I will look into it though.

Lol, you must hate that place with a passion. :gabe: I will look into it though.

Cool deal, may also want to try Taco Bell. I worked there before I was 18 and they never had an issue with me using the deep fryer or hot water meat-bag cooker.

Cool deal, may also want to try Taco Bell. I worked there before I was 18 and they never had an issue with me using the deep fryer or hot water meat-bag cooker.

Alright man. I think those jobs start at like $7.50/hr too.

Dairy Queen. Way better job than McD's/BK/Taco Bell/etc. Easy work, decent pay, usually some good looking girls to look at. Panera would be a solid choice. The lot attendant job at a dealership is a great suggestion. Easy job, easy money.

If nothing else, try going to the nearest mall and applying at random stores there.

Military.

I'm only 15, and I am looking for a high school job. I don't think I want to take that route though man.

Dairy Queen. Way better job than McD's/BK/Taco Bell/etc. Easy work, decent pay, usually some good looking girls to look at. Panera would be a solid choice. The lot attendant job at a dealership is a great suggestion. Easy job, easy money.

If nothing else, try going to the nearest mall and applying at random stores there.

Ahh, good idea! The nearest mall is Easton, so I can look in to that. Thanks a lot.

Looks like you got to pay your dues baggin groceries at kroger before you can get a good job my freind sorry you wont find nearly shit at 15.

I know man. I called Kroger last week and they say they usually hire between 16-17 anyways. Kroger would be better than what I am currently doing though.

You're either stuck where you're at, get a paper route, or bag groceries. There aren't many choices for a 15 year old kid.

I know man, I wish there were more options. It took me over a year to find a job anyways, and to be disappointed kind of sucks but there's not much I can really do.

You can get a work permit at 15, right? I think I was 15 when I started at McDonald's but I had to get a work permit.

Just realized that was over 15 years ago... :fa:

Haha, yep; you can. I think you can get it even at 14 too.