Teenager Job?

Brendon

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, you're not making bad money for being 15. I only made $5.15 an hour when I worked at Big Bear when I was 15. Assuming you're not working a full 8 hours each day (thought you could only work 4-5 hours each day), your tips put you over what I made.

There's some old fuckers in this thread...

I'm not sure what the age restriction is at Arby's, but last time I checked they start out at $8/hr, or go work at a quick oil change place.

Oil change places are 18+, Arby's would be at least 16.

Haha, yep; you can. I think you can get it even at 14 too.

If you have a work permit I don't get why a McDonald's wouldn't hire you. McDonald's is kind of a dick job, hence the high turnover, but it's really not that bad as minimum wage jobs go. Nearly any restaurant that will hire you at 15 is probably going to be about the same. It was a good way to get some work experience.

The lot tech gig sounds kinda neat though. Wish I had thought of it back then.

If you have a work permit I don't get why a McDonald's wouldn't hire you. McDonald's is kind of a dick job, hence the high turnover, but it's really not that bad as minimum wage jobs go. Nearly any restaurant that will hire you at 15 is probably going to be about the same. It was a good way to get some work experience.

The lot tech gig sounds kinda neat though. Wish I had thought of it back then.

Most restaurants won't hire unless you're 16 or older. He's pretty much stuck right now.

I fail to see your problem OP. You said 3.75/hr +~20 in tips per night, assume a 6 hour shift and you're at ~$42.50/night. Assuming you work 2-3 days a week as a student, that's about $100/week of income. For a 15 year old, that sounds pretty sweet to me.

He's pretty much stuck right now.

Yeah, I know. Most places wouldn't hire until 16.

I started as a cashier at Kroger. Easy, and you can move departments quickly.

They should hire at 15.

I tried like 4 different Kroger locations. I called one last week and talked to their hiring manager and she was telling me that I could be a bagger, but they usually only hire 16+ since they have so many applications coming in.

I fail to see your problem OP. You said 3.75/hr +~20 in tips per night, assume a 6 hour shift and you're at ~$42.50/night. Assuming you work 2-3 days a week as a student, that's about $100/week of income. For a 15 year old, that sounds pretty sweet to me.

I am getting less than $35.00 per day where I am working. They usually start cutting people to get off after 4 or 5 gours.

Most Dairy Queens will hire at age 15

Thanks; good idea, I'm going to try that!

Brendon is my son and My first job was at 14 and I made $4.00 an hour at GD Ritzys in the Columbus square. I had to work an 8 hour shift and still didnt make $35.00 a day.

I guess you shoulda started saving that car money when I told you to HUH??????????

I'll tell ya what. Give me your 35.00 a day to put in to the Camaro and I'll let you drive it around the block when you turn 18 :).

Surprised nobody mentioned the spring / summer job planting tulips.

$15/hr+

In my old thread when I first joined somebody did. I couldn't really tell how serious they were being; but hey, $15/hr doing horticulture at my age, actually isn't too bad. :gabe:

Brendon is my son and My first job was at 14 and I made $4.00 an hour at GD Ritzys in the Columbus square. I had to work an 8 hour shift and still didnt make $35.00 a day.

I guess you shoulda started saving that car money when I told you to HUH??????????

I'll tell ya what. Give me your 35.00 a day to put in to the Camaro and I'll let you drive it around the block when you turn 18 :).

You're funny, lol. You make more money than I do, so you can!

Listen to this guy. I can tell you from experience that if you do you'll be thankful in 10 years. :fuckyeah:

Do you live on / near Hilliard Rome?

KillJoy

Nope, I live in the New Albany/Westerville/Gahanna area.

mill run, right after the saturn dealership

Movie Tavern 12? Okay, I know what you're talking about. I could try that Cinemark movie theater over by Stoneridge because that's fairly close.