Teenager Job?

Brendon

h 22 yo is retarted. Movie tavern is in Hilliard where ZACH aka "SON" lives. Ignore him completely. Have you tried Giant Eagle yet? Meijer?

I tried Meijer, but I haven't tried Giant Eagle, no.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was working 45hrs per week at 15 for something like $4.75 at the shop (19 years ago - geesh).

I had side jobs mowing for a library and churches (sub-contracted through a lawn service). Golf course piss-on maybe? Zoo? Any place like those hire 15 year olds?

I was working 45hrs per week at 15 for something like $4.75 at the shop (19 years ago - geesh).

I had side jobs mowing for a library and churches (sub-contracted through a lawn service). Golf course piss-on maybe? Zoo? Any place like those hire 15 year olds?

yeah, op you might wanna try zoombezi, a bunch of 15-18 year old boxers at our gym work there.. they say it's pretty easy and fun to check out the occasional drunk hot girl.

On school days we can only work 3 hours per day, and 18 hours per week. But, on non-school weeks you can work up to 40 hours a week or something like that.

On school days we can only work 3 hours per day, and 18 hours per week. But, on non-school weeks you can work up to 40 hours a week or something like that.

I was exempt from most BS labor laws. Bonus of working for your Dad. :)

P.S. - kudos for getting off your ass and working at 15.

P.S. - kudos for getting off your ass and working at 15.

Haha, thanks a lot man. I just like getting a paycheck and it's cool knowing you actually worked for it rather than it being given to you, if that makes.

Zack, sorry I misspelled a word for you. Glad you didn't notice that I spelled your name wrong too. Zoombezi Bay might be a little hard for him to get to considering he lives in the Gahanna area and doesn't have a license/car to get him to work. No longer have the sentra seeing as it was totaled. Back on topic SON.

Zack, sorry I misspelled a word for you. Glad you didn't notice that I spelled your name wrong too. Zoombezi Bay might be a little hard for him to get to considering he lives in the Gahanna area and doesn't have a license/car to get him to work. No longer have the sentra seeing as it was totaled. Back on topic SON.

Yeah, you're right. I go to school in New Albany so going to work afterwards would be difficult since it's pretty far, and it's only seasonal anyways.

In my old thread when I first joined somebody did. I couldn't really tell how serious they were being; but hey, $15/hr doing horticulture at my age, actually isn't too bad. :gabe:

You're funny, lol. You make more money than I do, so you can!

Yeah but I am broke from feeding all you guys.

when i was around 15-16is i got my frist job at faslube if u can change oil its a decent job i think they start at $8.00 an hour but that was like 4 years ago so idk if they still hire that young.. from the sudgestions so far lot attendent would be a good bet man good luck with your hunt for work

when i was around 15-16is i got my frist job at faslube if u can change oil its a decent job i think they start at $8.00 an hour but that was like 4 years ago so idk if they still hire that young.. from the sudgestions so far lot attendent would be a good bet man good luck with your hunt for work

Alright, I will look in to that; thanks a lot man.

That's a pretty good idea, thanks. Do you which dealerships hire for that and was the pay decent?

Must have missed this thread a while lol

I was at Honda East and Lindsay Acura. It is now all Lindsay Honda and Acura. I think I got at least 8/hour. Maybe 9.50 at one point. I loved it. Especially when I was over at the prep center down the street detailing cars.

edit: didnt realize we were talking 15 here. Unless you're close to 16. Gotta be able to drive the cars.

At 15 I worked for a little family owned pizza joint. It was a fun job. Soon after at 16 I did the Best Buy thing. Not too bad. I enjoyed working the car audio section

Must have missed this thread a while lol

I was at Honda East and Lindsay Acura. It is now all Lindsay Honda and Acura. I think I got at least 8/hour. Maybe 9.50 at one point. I loved it. Especially when I was over at the prep center down the street detailing cars.

edit: didnt realize we were talking 15 here. Unless you're close to 16. Gotta be able to drive the cars.

At 15 I worked for a little family owned pizza joint. It was a fun job. Soon after at 16 I did the Best Buy thing. Not too bad. I enjoyed working the car audio section

Oh, okay. My uncle's friend works as the Sales Manager at Germain Cadillac at Easton, so maybe I could look in to that.

I started working when I was 12. I was working for farmers, baling straw and hay, and other general farm work. Living in the city, probably not really much of an option for you, but figured I'd throw that out there.

I started working when I was 12. I was working for farmers, baling straw and hay, and other general farm work. Living in the city, probably not really much of an option for you, but figured I'd throw that out there.

It's fine, thanks man. Any advise helps, lol.

Go work for Panera. The pay should be around $7.50+ and the hours are flexible. The work is easy and for the most part there are pretty good associates there. You can get plenty of hours if you want them by covering people's shifts too.

I hope the pay is around $7.50 an hour haha cause min is $7.40. :gabe:

Honestly though don't count on getting paid to much when you are just starting out, but sounds like they are definitly screwing you on the hours. Only way most people typically get paid a decent amount with little to no job experience (as in teenagers) is if they stay with a decent company, work their butts off and continually get raises. I was getting just under $9.50 at a job I worked at for two years when I was in highschool.

So find a place that has plenty of hours to give, and work your ass off.

I hope the pay is around $7.50 an hour haha cause min is $7.40. :gabe:

Honestly though don't count on getting paid to much when you are just starting out, but sounds like they are definitly screwing you on the hours. Only way most people typically get paid a decent amount with little to no job experience (as in teenagers) is if they stay with a decent company, work their butts off and continually get raises. I was getting just under $9.50 at a job I worked at for two years when I was in highschool.

So find a place that has plenty of hours to give, and work your ass off.

I know, but try going in as a 16 year old and asking for much more than $7.50. With his experience I might have hired him in at $8 for a back of house/dish guy, depending on the interview. We didn't higher kids on for too much more because they weren't as valuable as someone who had no restrictions.

You're right about staying with a company. I started at $8 or $8.50 at Panera and left at the salary cap for assistant managers. Just work hard and express a desire to move up. As a kid, that's as simple as asking to be cross trained on everything you can do.

doesn't your work have to pay you the difference if you dont make at least the minimum wage with your tips? IE, if you get paid $3.70/hr, make $20 tips on an 8 hour shift (2.50/hr), they would have to make up that difference of $6.20 (3.70 + 2.50) and min wage $7.40?

at 16 i made 12.50/hr

7 years ago. BOSS :megusta:

but seriously idk anywhere that hires at 15.

Lol. Where was that at!?

doesn't your work have to pay you the difference if you dont make at least the minimum wage with your tips? IE, if you get paid $3.70/hr, make $20 tips on an 8 hour shift (2.50/hr), they would have to make up that difference of $6.20 (3.70 + 2.50) and min wage $7.40?

They never said anything about it.

drugs.

sell them.

Haha!

Yes they do. Good luck enforcing it, or hiring a lawyer on $3.75

Uhhhh what?

Here's another idea. If you can read and know what basic computer peripherals are and do goto Teleperformance. You'll hate life, but they'll hire just about anyone.

thats a def horrible work environment and the company sucks lol i hated working their descent pay but you will hate talking to customers

• 2 weeks later...
Brendon just turned down a job for 10.00 an hour doing some general shop work on weekends. His laziness is getting in the way of him ever having a possibility of purchasing a car. Oh and by the way he is up to or down to a savings of a whole 20.00 towards his car purchase. Can someone please explain to him how retarded he is because he obviously doesnt hear me.