I have a boost issue as well

DaddyBuiltRacing

Alright so I have been having some issues with my car. First the car wouldn't build any boost on 2step, got that fixed (for a short time). Had the car tuned on 10psi and was running great, until today. Went to turn the boost up while street tuning and suddenly the car wouldn't make more then 8psi. So we thought maybe it was something to do with the Boost By Gear setting, so we changed that and nope didn't fix anything. So we decide to come home and check for leaks in couplers and vacuums. Didn't find any but went ahead and tightened up all clamps and put zip ties on all lines that didn't already have one. Take the car back out and it only hits 6psi and holds there. Came back re-checked vaccuum lines and couplers again found nothing wrong.

Any ideas as to what could be causing this? I have heard the wastegates firing ring, but its a brand new Precision 46, and was working just fine 3 days ago, car wasn't driven since then until today. I am going to pull the wastegate and reinstall it after inspecting just to see if thats the issue.

Car has a 6lbs spring in the gate, but again it has seen and held 10psi with no issues up until today and nothing has changed setup wise

How old is your turbo? How many miles? Check that shaft play y0! In/out and up/down.

It is hard for the fire ring to fail, as it's all a very simple design. To rule out software issues/bugs, load the same 10psi map that you were using with no problems. Go see what that does, if anything, and report back. Are you tuning it? Or someone else? Hondata S3?

Steve Wilson is tuning the car, ran fine 3 days ago while I was raping on a 03 saleen. Made mention to my wife the next day that I wasn't going to drive the car until we turned the boost up and tuned it because I didn't want to risk anything going wrong, lmfao the irony there right.

Its on s300 with PWM solenoid. Turbo has less then 800 miles on it and no shaft play. Tune is the same as it was on 10, only thing that changed was we turned boost up to 12 and set boost cut at 13. First few pulls it made 8psi, came home to check leaks went back out and it hit 6psi and no higher.

Also the other day i was building 0lbs of boost in 2step, so I changed some settings there and got it to built 5-6psi in 2step. Today with nothing changed in the 2step settings at all it built 0psi in 2step

Well I got the wastegate tore off and everything looks ok. We did however find something that might be the issue. My HKS blowoff valve will spin freely like theres no tomorrow. You can do a complete 360 with the thing sitting in the flange. So we went and picked up a new snap ring and o-ring, hoping this helps

Boost issue appears to be fixed!! I think the wastegates firing ring wasn't sealing properly or the clamp wasn't on tight enough causing a leak. Either way she just saw 5-6psi on 2step and 10psi at wide open throttle! I tore the gate back off and all the way apart. Reinstalled the spring, put gate back on the car. Started up let it idle for up to temperature, hit 2step saw 5-6lbs. Then took car for drive and hit 10 the very first pull

Well the car built 12psi twice today...litterally drove it to my bro in laws house to pick him up so he could data log for me while I did some pulls. On the way there I thought, hmm lets see if it hits 12, sure as shit it did twice in a row. So I think "yes were past that mess", wrong! Get to his house, don't even get out of the car or turn it off. We leave get on the highway he starts logging, I do a pull.....8.2psi. Great back to this shit again, do another pull, 6.4psi. Send the logs to my tuner and he starts looking and notices that my volts are at 13.0 at WOT, go back through old logs on lower Boost and see that the car is 14.0v at Wot.

Not sure what the hell the deal is, I do notice that my battery light comes on at 8500rpm right before I shift. I am going to take the alternator off tomorrow and take it to part store to be tested just to make sure it didn't go bad. Shitty thing is its a brand new alternator. Not sure if there is a difference in voltage output between LS and GSR (due to GSR revving higher from factory) or not, but the car has a LS alternator on it due to me using a buddies warranty lol. If the alt checks out good then only other thing could be too small of gauged wire running from battery in trunk to the front of the car.

Still at a loss with this damn thing. I just want more Boost damnit!!