Good Mexican eats

jerrodh

Truthfully, I had given up every having decent mexican food shortly after moving here and experiencing 'authentic mexican'.

You're hanging out in the 'wrong' parts of town then. The place on West Broad in front of the old Westland Mall was good. I think they got busted for selling drugs and shut down. :lolguy:

Any taco carts in the Hispanic areas of town.

There is also a taco place on godown north of bethel that is also very good but I can't remember the name right now... Las or Los something.

ive been to mexico and eaten "mexican" food, and las margaritas up in westerville is pretty close with their tacos al carbon

This place has good tacos al carbon. The sign in their window says 'best tacos al carbon in town'. While I can't speak to that as I've not had them anywhere else, they were very good. When we've went there are more Mexican's than American's eating there.

I like Crazy Burrito and El Picacho however, they are both out in the Marysville area.

Slightly off-topic, has anyone eaten at La Hacienda Real (I know they are closed now)? Do you have any idea what they called the "dip" they served with their chips? It was like refried beans and coleslaw. That was the best part of that place in my opinion and I would like to find another place that serves something similar or a recipe to try myself.

http://finerepast.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/hacienda.jpg

On the right

Edited by 00TypeR
added pic

Went to Cabo Cocina on Riverside last night. Had read some great reviews so my g/f and I went. Salsa bar was awesome, the Hot Pineapple salsa was my favorite. Corona fondue spinach dip is probably one of the best quesos I've ever had. She had some kind of mexi mac&cheese and I had the big bang burrito. We were more than impressed with it and the patio/deck area was a great place to sit with the nice weather last night.