Unicorn is about to get some new life!!

DTM Brian

After spending the last couple days of getting the unicorn ready for the kilkare the 99,139 mile stock short block decided to check out. Funnything is it broke in 2nd gear doing a roll on and not in 4th gear where it is under the most load. My guess is the harmonic balancer that failed this past weekend and the new mickey thompson drag radials which allowed the car to hook in 2nd gear was enough to do the old girl in. At this point I am not sure if the crank broke first taking out the block or if the block split taking out the crank. I had Potent N2O with me from the board and as we are looking at the car he says I know that sick feeling you are having inside. To be honest I was a more dissapointed that I was not going to the track with it thrusday and the fact that I split the block because of wanting more power.

Well as luck would have it I found a motor that fits what I am looking for. The motor is complete sitting on an engine stand from intake to oil pan and should be good for more power then I will ever want to throw at it. I am going to look at it tomorrow and I am 99.9% sure I will be going with it.

The specs.

331 Cubic Inches

Dart Block

Scat 4340 Crankshaft

Crowler Rods

Diamond Pistons

Edelbrock Victor Jr Heads with CNC Porting

Edelbrock Victor Carb Intake with Injector Bosses.

Custom Turbo Grind Cam (Possibly with Cam Roller Bearings)

ATI Balancer.

ETC.

This motor is complete and is ready to drop in the car. What I am trying to decide on now is stick with the same turbo kit and limit myself to 700 rwhp or step it up and build a new turbo kit for the car. If I do this I will be building it for 1000 rwhp and nothing less. Regardless of what what I do the car is going to get a fuel system upgrade for E85.

On one hand I am dissapointed that the unicorn finally decided to let go. On the other hand I am more then pleased how long it lived at 500 plus rwhp. I knew I was taking a chance at 600 plus rwhp and now I am ready for more power.

Between my fathers Single Turbo T88 331 and my Twin Turbo 331 we should have some pretty nasty stangs to have at the track this fall.

^^Bite your tongue!!! The Z06 will/should NEVER see the track!!

This

That sucks Brian..let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Guess its time to take the zo6 to the track.

First thing I want to do is get the motor here at the shop on a stand. Then i will start removing the motor out of the 88. Maybe I will stand a chance against your car now. :)

Bummer!! Sorry to hear about the Unicorn's motor. :(

But that's sick that it'll be getting a better, stronger heart!!! :)

I am excited as well. I just hate waiting to get everything swapped over.

Twin 70s or 76s!

I was thinking twin 67's if I decide to go with a new turbo kit. One thing I can promise is E85

Awsome 1000 or go home. U know me has to run single digit times

I am thinking I would like be able to drive this to track. Bust off a 9.XX ET shifting with a 5 speed. Drive it home. :)

So when did this happen? I thought it was a radiator. Anyways you knew it would happen sooner or later.

It'll be cool to see the new kill mode, I'd max out the turbos that are on the car so you can get it out a few times this year. That'll give you plenty of time to do something nice over the winter.

Find me a block/setup like that for mine damnit, lol

I know of another deal on a 331 motor and HP turbo kit. Made close to 800 wheel on my dyno. PM me for more information.

For now I am sticking with this Incon setup providing it is still in good working order. I am pretty sure 700-750 rwhp will be doable on this motor with E85. I have a number of nitrous kits laying around so I think I will throw on a 100 hp worth of the Zesty Sauce for the fun of it. The only major hold up I see right now is finding a place to get these turbo manifolds ported and coated.

I am actually planning on making some changes to the motor to make it a little more street friendly. Basically do some changes to the valve train. The one thing I like about the motor are the shaft mounted roller rockers. I was told by the engine builder today that you could spin this engine 9,000 rpms. When I told him that all I was looking for is 6500 his reply was to at least spin it to 7500. I might meet him in the middle and call it 7k. More then likely I will keep it closer to 6k.

I know of another deal on a 331 motor and HP turbo kit. Made close to 800 wheel on my dyno. PM me for more information.

For now I am sticking with this Incon setup providing it is still in good working order. I am pretty sure 700-750 rwhp will be doable on this motor with E85. I have a number of nitrous kits laying around so I think I will throw on a 100 hp worth of the Zesty Sauce for the fun of it. The only major hold up I see right now is finding a place to get these turbo manifolds ported and coated.

I am actually planning on making some changes to the motor to make it a little more street friendly. Basically do some changes to the valve train. The one thing I like about the motor are the shaft mounted roller rockers. I was told by the engine builder today that you could spin this engine 9,000 rpms. When I told him that all I was looking for is 6500 his reply was to at least spin it to 7500. I might meet him in the middle and call it 7k. More then likely I will keep it closer to 6k.

till you get into that roll race with that turbo vette thats got you by a bumper. If only i didnt have to shift yet, oh wait.

small turbos and a lot of RPMs..... kaflooy