Anyone work at a Ford Dealer?

Bam

My car is having hard starts/long cranks every couple drives, and there is a TSB out directly related to it. I haven't gone to a dealer yet as it's not crucial, but the one dealer I called said they don't cover anything and that it'd be like $180-$200 at least, without knowing if they can fix it or not.

Apparently the dealer reflashes the PCM with the updated whatever to fix it.

If anyone can look at it/fix it I'll throw you some cash, I'd rather it go to someone rather than a stealership.

Thanks

My car is having hard starts/long cranks every couple drives, and there is a TSB out directly related to it. I haven't gone to a dealer yet as it's not crucial, but the one dealer I called said they don't cover anything and that it'd be like $180-$200 at least, without knowing if they can fix it or not.

Apparently the dealer reflashes the PCM with the updated whatever to fix it.

If anyone can look at it/fix it I'll throw you some cash, I'd rather it go to someone rather than a stealership.

Thanks

If the pcm needs re-flashed, then you are going to need to take it to a dealer. Ford's scan tool; IDS is quite expensive to buy/maintain so I doubt you'll find someone that has one.

Depending on how quickly you need it done, I can ask my buddy that works at Dick Masheter. I may be going fishing w/ him this weekend anyway. He surely wouldn't be able to do it at home, but he has done work on the side after hours/during break time before at the dealer....

If the pcm needs re-flashed, then you are going to need to take it to a dealer. Ford's scan tool; IDS is quite expensive to buy/maintain so I doubt you'll find someone that has one.

I understand this, which is why the title of my thread asks if anyone works at a dealer.

Depending on how quickly you need it done, I can ask my buddy that works at Dick Masheter. I may be going fishing w/ him this weekend anyway. He surely wouldn't be able to do it at home, but he has done work on the side after hours/during break time before at the dealer....

No rush, it's been like this a couple months, more annoying than anything since I've gotta hold the key 30 seconds sometimes, but it never fails to start.

I used to have a hookup at masheter but it's been a couple years. Any help appreciated.