Another rider down...

2pointslow

And this is why I don't own a Bike. I have always wanted one and will probably never own one. Too much traffic/stupid drivers out there. That night I got t-boned in my Talon last year...if I had been on a bike instead of in my car, I wouldn't be here right now.

I-71 Reopens After Fatal Crash

COLUMBUS -- A motorcycle rider is dead Tuesday afternoon after a violent crash with another vehicle along Interstate 71, near the Greenlawn Avenue. Blocked lanes of I-71 northbound only just started to open about 5 p.m.

------------------

The identity of the rider had not been released. The woman driving a four-door white compact car was not seriously injured in the crash, but did appear visibly shaken up by the incident, ABC6/Fox28 News’ A.J. Ross reports.

According to Sgt. Rich Wiener, of the Columbus Division of Police, the motorcycle was traveling northbound on I-71 when the bike struck debris on the road. The driver braked and swerved trying to retain control, causing the vehicle behind it to do much the same.

But, the vehicle was not able to stop in time and struck the motorcycle. About half of the back end of the bike could be seen wedged under the front of the white car.

All lanes of I-71 north were closed between I-270 on the south side and the I-70/71-split due to an accident. The entrance ramps from I-270 east and west, SR 104 and Greenlawn Ave. to I-71 north were also closed.

There was no final word on whether charges would be filed. Ross reports that the motorcycle rider was not wearing a helmet.

I don't like night riding so much, if the road isn't lit the bikes lights aren't very sufficient for me. Potholes alone on 270/71 are enough to trip you up if you don't respond fast enough.

Agreed. Call me a bitch, but I typically avoid night riding in general - especially at freeway speeds.

I-71 Reopens After Fatal Crash

COLUMBUS -- A motorcycle rider is dead Tuesday afternoon after a violent crash with another vehicle along Interstate 71, near the Greenlawn Avenue. Blocked lanes of I-71 northbound only just started to open about 5 p.m.

------------------

The identity of the rider had not been released. The woman driving a four-door white compact car was not seriously injured in the crash, but did appear visibly shaken up by the incident, ABC6/Fox28 News’ A.J. Ross reports.

According to Sgt. Rich Wiener, of the Columbus Division of Police, the motorcycle was traveling northbound on I-71 when the bike struck debris on the road. The driver braked and swerved trying to retain control, causing the vehicle behind it to do much the same.

But, the vehicle was not able to stop in time and struck the motorcycle. About half of the back end of the bike could be seen wedged under the front of the white car.

All lanes of I-71 north were closed between I-270 on the south side and the I-70/71-split due to an accident. The entrance ramps from I-270 east and west, SR 104 and Greenlawn Ave. to I-71 north were also closed.

There was no final word on whether charges would be filed. Ross reports that the motorcycle rider was not wearing a helmet.

:(